Backup/Restore a 10MB Dabase on multifloppies

Backup/Restore a 10MB Dabase on multifloppies

Post by Hicham M. Cheha » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I am trying to find an easy way to backup/restore a 10MB access database
on multifloppies "the user must only swap floppies".  I tried to use win95
backup using .set. It works fine but don't know how to restore the .qic
file.
Any help or recommendation would be appreciated

Thanks

Hisham

Backup/Restore a 10MB Dabase on multifloppies

Post by Tim Iafoll » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hicham,
    I know this doesn't answer your question, but the customer isn't
always right (g).  For about $100 the user could get a Zip drive and
have faster, cheaper, more convenient, and much more reliable backups.
I would do everything I could to talk him/her out of using floppies...
when the restore fails because of a bad disk (which it will), you're the
one that's going to get the call.   Just my 2 cents....

                            Tim Iafolla

> Hi,
> I am trying to find an easy way to backup/restore a 10MB access database
> on multifloppies "the user must only swap floppies".  I tried to use win95
> backup using .set. It works fine but don't know how to restore the .qic
> file.
> Any help or recommendation would be appreciated

1. MSSQL BACKUPS - Deletion (update the backup drop down box, in the restore function)

Hi

I have a MSSQL 7 (SP1) server.

I have many DB's and many backups for each DB.

I can physically remove the device backups, but the list in Enterprise
Manager wil not be updated.

It still allows me to try to restore old backups and then comes back with an
error of can't find file.

Is there any way to update the backup drop down box, in the restore
function.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Matthews

2. DTS inside Stored Proc

3. Better performance with a 10Mb network than 100 Mb.

4. CHANGE NAME AND IP ADDRESS TO A SQL SERVER

5. dabase maintanence

6. Using Index-Organized Table (IOT)

7. Dabase Size & No. of Concurrent Users

8. Estimating Database Size

9. Medical office dabase for Win95??

10. Error SQL1092N occurs while trying to create a sample dabase

11. Dabase Free Space Seems Incorrect

12. Dabase design opinions solicited