JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Post by Cagdas Ozgen » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Where can I find a pure Java implementation of JDBC driver for SQL Server,
connecting over TCP/IP?
I really do not want to use a JDBC-ODBC bridge.

Thanks

JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Post by Markus Lau » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

try merant or easysoft. I've tested both successfully.

www.merant.com
www.easysoft.com

> Hi,

> Where can I find a pure Java implementation of JDBC driver for SQL Server,
> connecting over TCP/IP?
> I really do not want to use a JDBC-ODBC bridge.

> Thanks

JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Post by Alex » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm not sure, but i believe SqLink from Merant is 'only' a COM-Wrapper
class. That's why you can use the SqLink only on Win-based client's.

AlexE
***************************************

> try merant or easysoft. I've tested both successfully.

> www.merant.com
> www.easysoft.com

> > Hi,

> > Where can I find a pure Java implementation of JDBC driver for SQL
Server,
> > connecting over TCP/IP?
> > I really do not want to use a JDBC-ODBC bridge.

> > Thanks

JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Post by Volker Berli » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

see at:
http://www.inetsoftware.de

There are type 4 drivers complete in java for MS SQL Server.

Volker

Quote:> Hi,

> Where can I find a pure Java implementation of JDBC driver for SQL
Server,
> connecting over TCP/IP?
> I really do not want to use a JDBC-ODBC bridge.

> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Post by thakurrajsi.. » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I found a free trial JdbcM for DB2 from alphaWorks:
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/aw.nsf/?open&l=jdata,t=gr,p=awhp

JdbcMe for DB2
 The JdbcMe technology preview is a JDBC driver for the Palm OS and
other Java Micro-Edition platforms. The JdbcMe driver supports the
smallest useful subset of JDBC 2.0. It allows you to connect to your
AS/400 using the included HostServer and a tiny footprint on the Palm
device.  This application shows an interactive JDBC 'tester' utility.
This utility allows you to dynamically enter SQL statements, execute
them and get results.

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/jdbcme?open&l=jdata,t=gr,tech=jdbcme

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Post by Afanasyev Andre » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You are mistaken.
Merant Driver (sequelink) - pure java (class 4), but Merant connect server
is native application (java shell & cpp kernel).
Thus application with Sequelink driver running in different clients without
repeatedly compilation.
--

> I'm not sure, but i believe SqLink from Merant is 'only' a COM-Wrapper
> class. That's why you can use the SqLink only on Win-based client's.

> AlexE
> ***************************************

> > try merant or easysoft. I've tested both successfully.

> > www.merant.com
> > www.easysoft.com

> > > Hi,

> > > Where can I find a pure Java implementation of JDBC driver for SQL
> Server,
> > > connecting over TCP/IP?
> > > I really do not want to use a JDBC-ODBC bridge.

> > > Thanks

JDBC Driver for SQL Server

Post by lafleur » Fri, 01 Sep 2000 21:58:56

Try here:

http://www.freetds.org/

I've used this experimentally, and you can do most JDBC 1 things, but
you can't do some things from JDBC 2 like go backwards in a ResultSet.
(You can just cache the entire RecordSet or control navigation
yourself, though.) I find it to be pretty useful. It is released under
a BSD style license and comes with the Java source code.

You can also search for Type 4 drivers on the Sun Java JDBC page.

Quote:> Hi,

--
Henry Lafleur

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. runtime error with Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver and SQL Server 7

I am trying to use the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver on
MS SQL Server 7 however I am getting the error "class file
not found: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver "
when I run the page in the browser. I have checked the
classpath and everything is correct i.e. I have included
msbase, mssqlserver, msutil.
I am new to this so I am not sure if you can even use JDBC
on SQL Server 7. However I have managed to get the
JDBC.ODBC bridge working fine. I would really appreciate
any help.

Thanks

Lisa

2. ??? on DatabaseMetaData: Oracle 8.1.5

3. JDBC drivers for SQL Server 7.0

4. TRUNCATE statement for Informix exists?

5. JDBC driver for SQL Server

6. Reverse Engineering Sybase DB w/DataArchitect

7. JDBC Drivers for SQL Server 2000 CE?

8. Help with condition query (if)

9. Problem with JDBC Driver for SQL Server 2000 Service Pack1

10. jdbc drivers for sql server 7, 2000

11. JDBC Driver for SQL Server 2000

12. JDBC driver for SQL Server??

13. Type 4 JDBC drivers for SQL Server