Access 97 Graph Manipulation

Post by Alasta » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Dear All

Access 97

We have a database here that I am working on,  and on my machine it
won't produce graphs in the report with the query
I am using, yet on another machine the EXACT same query works.

Basically it comes up with an error message saying that "Function
isn't available in Query expression '(Format((Date of Check),"MMM \
YY"))'

However on the other machineit plots the graph no problem.

I thought it might have something to do with Referencing.  If you go
into the code window of access and go to Tools and Referencing there
seems to be a long list of extra controls for whatever is installed on
your machine, from Shockwave to IE5 etc, etc.

I realise you don't have the database to look at, but I can assure you
it is not an error in the query itself, its more like an option that
isn't installed on the computer, but I have installed everything
during the Office Installation.

Can you help me with this?

elric

Access 97 Graph Manipulation

Post by mary chipma » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

well, did you actually check the references? if there's a problem,
you'll see MISSING: in front of the missing reference.

Quote:>Dear All

>Access 97

>We have a database here that I am working on,  and on my machine it
>won't produce graphs in the report with the query
>I am using, yet on another machine the EXACT same query works.

>Basically it comes up with an error message saying that "Function
>isn't available in Query expression '(Format((Date of Check),"MMM \
>YY"))'

>However on the other machineit plots the graph no problem.

>I thought it might have something to do with Referencing.  If you go
>into the code window of access and go to Tools and Referencing there
>seems to be a long list of extra controls for whatever is installed on
>your machine, from Shockwave to IE5 etc, etc.

>I realise you don't have the database to look at, but I can assure you
>it is not an error in the query itself, its more like an option that
>isn't installed on the computer, but I have installed everything
>during the Office Installation.

>Can you help me with this?

>elric

1. MS-Access 97 to SQL Server to MS-Access 97

Hi this is a thread from another news group that has not been
answered. Any ideas anyone?

Thank You, Thank You...you hit it right on the money. It seems SQL
import/export converted all my MS-Access memo fields to the SQL ntext
data type. Does SQL Server have a comparable memo field type? If not
how do people get around the memo field requirement? Create text field
large enough for the average requirement?

Thanks Again

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:40:30 +0400, Alexey Dolganov

2. Connecting from Win to Linux Oracle Server

3. Best Database Servers in 1997: World Watch Survey results!!

4. vfp5:Microsoft Graph 97 Question( new to activex)

5. storage login excel

6. MS Graph 97 documentation needed!

7. WAS, File Uploading and Internet Explorer

8. Microsoft Graph 97 Applications

9. Access97 Graph Manipulation

10. Graph Properties of Access Graphs

11. Exporting Access 97 data to Excel 97

12. Read Btrieve files from Access '97 or Excel '97