Compact .mdb -> open .mdb

Post by v.. » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,
I know how to compact a MS Access file in VB.
BUT....  how can open the original.mdb after the compacting and close
the VB program?  After compacting, (With a form) the .mdb file gets
closed once the form is close.  When I use "sub Main" to run the
compacting and open the .mdb file, the .mdb gets closed, too.

How can I compact -> close VB --> open the original .mdb?

Thank you in advance.
--

VLo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

After that a Access 97 mdb was converted to Access 2000 mdb , MS Access
reported that there were some conversion errors. When I try to open the mdb
after the conversion, DAO reports an error right at the connection.

Does anyone know  why these problems occur and how to solve them ?

thanks,
Oscar

2. Index/Lock problem

3. CDaoDatabase::Open() will not open mdb file

4. Replication

5. ( Ado Open Access MDB ) V.S. ( Ado Open SQL 7 )

6. copying one column's data to another

7. CDAODatabase::Open fails when trying to open 2nd mdb

8. NO GRANTS ERROR

9. Courious growing of MDB after /DECOMPILE and /COMPACT

10. How to compact MDB programmtically?

11. Tables - Compacting MDB

12. On line MDB Compacting ?

13. Repair and Compact of MDB database