How to export ado recordset to excel spreadsheet ?

How to export ado recordset to excel spreadsheet ?

Post by Luqma » Sat, 24 May 2003 05:34:33

Is it possible to export ado recordset to excel spread sheet via VB-6 ?

Best Regards,

Luqman

How to export ado recordset to excel spreadsheet ?

Post by Val Mazu » Sat, 24 May 2003 20:57:07

Hi Luqman,

Check next KBs about that. Using ADO directly, not Excel Automation, gives
you the best performance

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q246335

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q295646

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q257819

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:> Is it possible to export ado recordset to excel spread sheet via VB-6 ?

> Best Regards,

> Luqman

1. Reading Excel spreadsheets into ADO recordsets (revisited)

Having read numerous articles on the problems of null
values when reading Excel spreadsheets containing mixed
data types (and even posting one or two myself), I thought
that I had cracked the problem.  However, although I no
longer get the problem of null values, the Microsoft Jet
provider for Excel insists on removing leading zeroes from
fields which it, presumably, thinks should be numeric.
Is there any simple, foolproof method/workaround of
forcing the Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider to treat a
column as strings?  My application reads in a spreadsheet
from the users - so I do not have control of the
formatting.  However, would the answer be to open it first
and apply some sort of trickery?  Any code examples
appreciated.

Ian

2. there was a problem running the dbcc

3. Null values reading Excel spreadsheets into ADO recordsets

4. find all tablename,columnname pairs for a given db

5. Can not export ADO recordset to Excel

6. How can i use a VB-Recordset in a DLL?

7. Exporting ADO Recordset to excel/dBaseIII..etc..etc

8. import problems in SQL

9. Export to Excel from ADO recordset in VB6

10. Export ADO recordset to Excel with Visual FoxPro COM DLL

11. Exporting an ADO recordset to Excel

12. export ado recordset to lotus, excel and dbf format

13. Exporting recordset into Excel and opening Excel