Can Visual C++ write to MS ACCESS 97 tables?

Can Visual C++ write to MS ACCESS 97 tables?

Post by Bill Connor » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have an MS ACCESS 97 database and I am trying to write to tables in it
using Borland C++Builder and ODBC. I can read but I can't add or change
the data in the tables. Has anyone been successful doing this with MS
Visual C++ ?

Post by Jim Ro » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I have an MS ACCESS 97 database and I am trying to write to tables in it
> using Borland C++Builder and ODBC. I can read but I can't add or change
> the data in the tables. Has anyone been successful doing this with MS
> Visual C++ ?

I do it all the time.

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change nospam to msn

Can Visual C++ write to MS ACCESS 97 tables?

Post by Dave Smit » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Bill,

Visual C++ can do easy. You can use MFC defined objects for either ODBC or
DAO.

--
Dave Smith
MCSE, MCT, MVP

>I have an MS ACCESS 97 database and I am trying to write to tables in it
>using Borland C++Builder and ODBC. I can read but I can't add or change
>the data in the tables. Has anyone been successful doing this with MS
>Visual C++ ?

Can Visual C++ write to MS ACCESS 97 tables?

Post by Jeff Koh » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

If you're going through ODBC you might need to make sure there's an unique
index on the table you're trying to write to...

Jeff Kohn
ORCA Technologies, INC.

>I have an MS ACCESS 97 database and I am trying to write to tables in it
>using Borland C++Builder and ODBC. I can read but I can't add or change
>the data in the tables. Has anyone been successful doing this with MS
>Visual C++ ?

Can Visual C++ write to MS ACCESS 97 tables?

Post by Jonathan Eric Mille » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

It sounds like you are using a non-updateable cursor. You will probably need
to use the cursor library when you open the database. Then, specify that you
want to use a static cursor when you open the recordset (this will give you
forward and backward scrolling as well as update capabilities). Since, you
are using Access, you may want to use the MFC DAO database classes rather
than the MFC ODBC database classes. The ODBC classes should work fine too
though.

Jon

--
To reply to me via email please remove the _ from my email address.

>I have an MS ACCESS 97 database and I am trying to write to tables in it
>using Borland C++Builder and ODBC. I can read but I can't add or change
>the data in the tables. Has anyone been successful doing this with MS
>Visual C++ ?

1. MS-Access 97 to SQL Server to MS-Access 97

Hi this is a thread from another news group that has not been
answered. Any ideas anyone?

Thank You, Thank You...you hit it right on the money. It seems SQL
import/export converted all my MS-Access memo fields to the SQL ntext
data type. Does SQL Server have a comparable memo field type? If not
how do people get around the memo field requirement? Create text field
large enough for the average requirement?

Thanks Again

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:40:30 +0400, Alexey Dolganov

2. range of numbers

3. Master's degree student looking for an internship

4. Visual C++, Access 97 and DAO

5. Can't Connect To Database

6. Help needed on writing/updating MS Access 97

7. Indexing w/OPAL

8. Writing java.sql.Timestamp to MS Access 97.

9. MS ACCESS 97/SQL server 6.5: deadlock problems when accessing server tables