ADO Find Method

Post by Nate Taylo » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Ditto.  I've tried to read in the Access Help and the MSDN about this issue.
I read the following work arounds but neither work:

m_rs.Find "SupplierName LIKE " & chr(34) & strTemp & chr(34), ,
adSearchForward

m_rs.Find "SupplierName LIKE """ & strTemp & """", , adSearchForward

I would also like to know if anyone knows how to get around this?

Nate Taylor

ADO Find Method

Post by Craig Pearso » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi

I'm using the find method to search for a record in a recordset.  However
when my search criteria has an apostrophe in it I get a Run-time error 3001,
arguments of wrong data type...

Here is my code to re-produce the error:

strTemp = "Billy's Burgers"
m_rs.MoveFirst
m_rs.Find "SupplierName LIKE '" & strTemp & "'", , adSearchForward
    If m_rs.AbsolutePosition > adPosBOF Then    'find either positions the
cursor or returns a -3
        MsgBox strTemp & " was found at position " & m_rs.AbsolutePosition &
" in the recordset.", vbInformation, "ADO Find Example"
    Else
        MsgBox strTemp & " was not found in the recordset", vbInformation,
"ADO Find Example"

If anyone could help me out, I would much appreciate it.

Craig

ADO Find Method

Post by Tom Gilme » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Look at the post titled "Using an apostrophe with the "Find" method"

1. ADO find method compare with DAO findfirst method...

I am used to use DAO findfirst method, which, if the criteria does not
match, will return a nomatch message..
However, I found ADO find method can't do that, it seem simply give an
runtime error to me when it doesn't find anything based on the
criteria...what should I do?

2. REMOTE VIEWS

3. ADO Find Method ??

4. SCO Openserver 5 // ansi color yellow

5. ADO find method

6. Please help with Script file...

7. HOW TO SEND XML FILE TO STORED PROCEDURE as parameter?

8. ADO: Find Method

9. ADO Find method!

10. ADO Find Method

11. ADO find method