access to javascript-variables from within an applet

access to javascript-variables from within an applet

Post by Matthias Piks » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello!
Is it possible to access variables defined within javascript when
executing a java applet?

eg.:
<script language="JavaScript1.2">
var aStingVariable = "itsCharacters";
</script>
<applet code="readContentOfaStringVariableAndShowIt.class"> </applet>

access to javascript-variables from within an applet

Post by Real Gagno » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is it possible to access variables defined within javascript when
> executing a java applet?
> <script language="JavaScript1.2">
> var aStingVariable = "itsCharacters";
> </script>
> <applet code="readContentOfaStringVariableAndShowIt.class"> </applet>

There are many possibilities (javascript entities, LiveConnect package),
depending on which browsers you want to support.

Check my Java How-to (URL below) in  the Java-Javascript interaction
section for some of them.

Good Luck.
---
Real Gagnon from Quebec Canada
* Visit the Java Js & PB How-to  http://tactika.com/realhome

1. OAS: Getting pl/sql variables into Javascript variables..

I've a slight problem...

I need to store the values of pl/sql variables into javascript variables..

the following code works fine most of the time

snippet of code....

<script language=JavaScript>

var test1 = "'|| l_text ||'";

</script>

However, when the pl/sql variable contains a reserved character, such as an
apostrophe....there is a failure in javascript...

I was wondering, does anyone have any pl/sql that will 'escape' the pl/sql
variable in the same way that the javascript escape() funtion works ????

Cheers

Steve Bright

2. SYSMASTER SQL

3. Communication between Java Applet and Javascript

4. Failing install SQL 2000 W2K Cluster

5. How to access environmental variables within SQL

6. copy a view to another db

7. Accessing Environment Variables within a strored proc.

8. Reading Text Files

9. Variable within a variable - select syntax

10. Informix SQL statements within JavaScript functions

11. How do i pass XSL variable to a JavaScript function using XSL

12. JDBC Connection error within an applet !

13. Applet can't read text file from within browser