RUNTIME ERROR 13: TYPE MISMATCH

Post by Damien Daspi » Tue, 17 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I created a data environment object.  The program works great on the design
machine but on other machines I get a "type mismatch" error.  I have
narrowed down the problem to wherever I use any code to access the data
environment.  Please help.

Damien

1. Type Mismatch Runtime Error 13???

1) Wrote a VC++ 6.0SP4 MTS, ADO Component.
2) Component inserts records into a SQL7 table:
    bstrQuery = L"INSERT INTO table (col1, col2, col3, col4, col5, col6)
VALUES ('value1', 'value2', 'value3', 'value4', 'value5', 'value6')";
    pConnection->Execute(bstrQuery, NULL, adExecuteNoRecords);
3) Used VB6SP4 to write a simple client to test the MTS component.
4) All records are added perfectly into the table.
5) However, at the end of the component function call, a Runtime Error 13:
Type Mismatch error occurs, and VB crashes with an exception error.

WHAT'S WRONG!! Please help!!

Thanks in advance,
Henry Kho

2. Performance problem with XML generation

3. "Runtime Error 13 Data Type mismatch"

4. Outer Join

5. Mdac2.6 to Mdac2.7 causes Type Mismatch Runtime Error 13

6. UNIFY on Motorola 8000

7. Error 13: Type Mismatch error

8. Wrong error message when using text datatypes

9. Type Mismatch Error 13

10. Type mismatch error 13?

11. "Run-time error 13: Type Mismatch"

12. Excel early binding, Error 13 - Type mismatch?

13. Error 13 - Type Mismatch Why????