VB6 Dataenvironment Parameters

Post by Rob » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi

Thanks for reading my question.

Lets say that I have a stored query in an Access Database which requires a
Parameter to be passed to it.

The query is called customers.

I have a form with a grid linked to the dataenvironment.

Dataenvironment1.customers("A%")

Now how do I display the results in the grid.

Regards, Rob

1. VB6: DataEnvironment-Command: Can't create parameter query

*Crosspost to all vb database newsgroups*

Hi!

I saw in VB6 there is this new way cool and way timesaving new thing: THe DataEnvironment.
great!, but... when I create a command on a connection, and I want to create a parameter
query using the sqlbuilder, it doesn't understand the parameters, even if I set the
parameter prefix and suffix correct. So it's not possible for me now to use
parameterdriven commands, and the DE is then rather useless :(

has anybody had the same problem? is there a way to create these parameterqueries
? The help doesn't say much about this subject, and if I define a parameter with
prefix % and suffix %, and type under criteria: =%MyVar% it can't do it.. It's not
appearing under parameters :(

I use an ODBClink to an access97 database as connection.

Please help ! :)

Thanks!

    FB

2. 8289-TX-DALLAS-ORACLE-DBA Skills-Communication Skills-Database Administrator

3. VB6 DataEnvironment - Named Parameters

4. Cumulative SELECT

5. VB6-SP3 DataEnvironment w/SQL7 ODBC Lags?

6. MS SQL Server vs. SYBASE (UNIX)

7. Unable to update joined table using DataEnvironment in VB6

8. MASTER.DAT deleted what now?

9. VB6 : DataEnvironment

10. VB6's DataEnvironment Window Connection to Oracle8i Not Complete

11. VB6 Dataenvironment & Datareport

12. VB6 DataEnvironment and Oracle *URGENT*

13. Connnecting another Access DB with the DataEnvironment (VB6)