package & Deployment Wizard

Post by <fox.. » Wed, 30 May 2001 08:01:38

Used the package and deployment to create setup for a computer without VB.
The program work fine on the computer with VB. There is several forms on the
menu and you can enter data in each form so the program is working great.
When you try to run the program without VB installed on the machine than all
but one form work great you can enter data print reports everything is like
it should be except for one form when you go to one form it take you out of
the program, but the same form works correct on computer with VB installed.
it just that one form that will not work without VB the other forms work
correctly.

package & Deployment Wizard

Post by James Harge » Wed, 30 May 2001 10:20:03

The obvious question is what is different about the form that won't work?
Does it have any controls that the others don't have? Anything special about
the code, especially in the form_load event?

Jim

Quote:> Used the package and deployment to create setup for a computer without VB.
> The program work fine on the computer with VB. There is several forms on
the
> menu and you can enter data in each form so the program is working great.
> When you try to run the program without VB installed on the machine than
all
> but one form work great you can enter data print reports everything is
like
> it should be except for one form when you go to one form it take you out
of
> the program, but the same form works correct on computer with VB
installed.
> it just that one form that will not work without VB the other forms work
> correctly.

package & Deployment Wizard

Post by Terry Austi » Thu, 31 May 2001 00:56:28

What error message are you getting when it exist the program?

Quote:> Used the package and deployment to create setup for a computer without VB.
> The program work fine on the computer with VB. There is several forms on
the
> menu and you can enter data in each form so the program is working great.
> When you try to run the program without VB installed on the machine than
all
> but one form work great you can enter data print reports everything is
like
> it should be except for one form when you go to one form it take you out
of
> the program, but the same form works correct on computer with VB
installed.
> it just that one form that will not work without VB the other forms work
> correctly.

package & Deployment Wizard

Post by Carolina Larenas Día » Thu, 31 May 2001 05:04:04

Your form has a component (ActiveX control) that's not registered in the
computer. Try using an Error Handle Routine to capture the error messagge,
that way you'll know wich control is giving you these problems.

Quote:> Used the package and deployment to create setup for a computer without VB.
> The program work fine on the computer with VB. There is several forms on
the
> menu and you can enter data in each form so the program is working great.
> When you try to run the program without VB installed on the machine than
all
> but one form work great you can enter data print reports everything is
like
> it should be except for one form when you go to one form it take you out
of
> the program, but the same form works correct on computer with VB
installed.
> it just that one form that will not work without VB the other forms work
> correctly.

1. Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

Hi there Folks,
is there a way one can display bitmaps during the installation/setup of an
application using the package & Deployment Wizard ?
What I am trying to say is that, can one display things like company logos
or other graphic files during the application installation ? If so, can you
tell me how I can customize a script to achieve this.
Thanks
Regards
Mohammed

2. Data Metrics

3. Package & Deployment Wizard

4. InputBox

5. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

6. VB3 & SQL6.5 ODBC Error #3146

7. Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

8. global variables to DB connections.

9. Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

10. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

11. VB Packaging & Deployment Wizard & ADO

12. Package&Deployment wizard problem

13. Package & Deployment Wizard - Missing Dependency Information for ADO 2.5