Mask Edit Control PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by Jorge Beltramin » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

PLEASE I'm a new VB developer and if anyone can help me with the following
question I'd really appreciate it.
I need to right align a number in a MaskEditControl
If I use the Format Property, the result (when it lost focus) is:
$1,200.00
But I need some spaces between the dollar sign and the first number.
Dollar number to the left (if is possible)  and the number to the right.
$        1,200.00
TANKS AT ALL !!!!

Mask Edit Control PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by Roy Nielse » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Try this:

The inner format converts the variable curMoney to comma separated with
two decimal places.  The outer format writes everything beginning from

possible amount.

Be sure you use a fixed-width font, such as Courier New in order to keep
everything aligned.

--
  ???????????
??????

   web:  http://home.att.net/~NielsenRoy/index.html

Mask Edit Control PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by Rob Maure » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Masked Edit can be a real pain.
Might be easier to do your own thing with a right-aligned textbox. Set the
KeyPress event to eliminate everything but digits and a decimal point, set
MaxLength where you want it, then keep plugging in the '$' using string
concatenation. It's a lot of work up front, but this way you know exactly
what you're getting.

Visit the official Web Site of Jehovah's Witnesses:
               http://www.watchtower.org

Quote:>PLEASE I'm a new VB developer and if anyone can help me with the following
>question I'd really appreciate it.
>I need to right align a number in a MaskEditControl
>If I use the Format Property, the result (when it lost focus) is:
>$1,200.00
>But I need some spaces between the dollar sign and the first number.
>Dollar number to the left (if is possible)  and the number to the right.
>$        1,200.00
>TANKS AT ALL !!!!

1. Please help with the Masked Edit Control

I am trying to use the 16 bit Masked Edit Control in VB4 and although
the text field where the mask is used will take input properly,
displaying the field contents using the normal record movement arrows
only displays underscores. Text fields using the masked edit that have
no mask set up seem to work fine. Am I missing something simple?
Thanks

2. HELP HELP HELP

3. Masked Edit Control and Remote data control problem

4. database-driven software

5. problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls

6. Identifying stored procedure error while using ADO

7. Help with masked edit control

8. Replication using Standard edition 2000

9. HELP - Masked Edit Control & AddNew

10. Help with using databound controls (dblist, dbcombo, masked edit, and dbgrid)

11. Need help with Masked Edit Control VB6...

12. Mask Edit Control ??? Help

13. Masked Edit Control Help!