Inserting data using beans through JDBC

Post by stevenkoh6.. » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

hi,

   Can anyone help to answer this question.

   How do l use javabeans to insert data through JSP ?

 thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Inserting data using beans through JDBC

Post by stevenkoh6.. » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

hi,

   Can anyone help to answer this question.

   How do l use javabeans to insert data through JSP ?

 thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Bean Encapsulating JDBC -- workable JDBC Driver

Hi Bob. As long as you aren't relying on any cross-EJB transactional
guarantees as to your JDBC, or even multi-JDBC-statement transactional
guarantees, and if your EJB engine is not highly stressed or multi-threaded,
then you should be fine with freeware.
   We make a 'real' industrial-strength type-4 JDBC driver for MS SQLServer,
and a type-2 for Oracle, that people buy when they want reliability and support.
The freeware or mom-n-pop JDBC drivers I've tested tend to fall down when
you start playing with transaction isolation levels, or run in a highly multi-threaded
environment like the WebLogic Application Server. Also, when you start to want
all the features of MS SQLServer 7.0, like getting more than 255 bytes of your
varchar columns, then you'll need our latest driver. All other JDBC drivers for
MS SQLServer are based on TDS, the client-DBMS protocol based on the
Sybase/MS protocol. All new MS functionality is available only if the client uses
the newer MS-only protocol, which is not documented and semi-public like TDS.
Our newest version (now in beta) speaks this.
   Lastly, if you are depending on a multi-EJB transaction to be atomic with
respect to the JDBC the beans do, then you're going to need an EJB engine and
a special JDBC driver that cooperate to enforce this. The WebLogic Application
Server and it's JTS driver (which can use any normal JDBC driver to any DBMS)
will do this for you.

Joe Weinstein, BEA WebLogic

--
PS: Hey folks, we're hiring Java engineers for our WebLogic
    Engineering group in downtown S.F. Send me your resume.

2. Import an empty date field

3. JDBC Beta Program for multi database data access ( CONNX Access all your enterprise data using JDBC)

4. sql 2000 having unexpected reboots

5. Some transact SQL script help to report all tables with a specific Column Name AND all rows in the table where that field ='X'

6. ERROR - 'Logs' is not a recognized OPTIMIZER LOCK HINTS option.