Jacob: open source Java (TM) database and IDE

Jacob: open source Java (TM) database and IDE

Post by Gerhard Paulu » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

please find Jacob version 0.35 at http://www.JDBMS.ORG

Jacob is a database and IDE coded in Java(TM).
It's a GNU GPL open source project.

New in version 0.35 is the first version of a multi-site version control system (VCS).
It uses the replication and versioning features of Jacob to replicate directory trees. The respective files are loaded into Java(TM) objects, which are then stored in a central server database. Participants of the system can download new file objects from the server database to their local database and check them out.

Gerhard Paulus

Jacob: open source Java (TM) database and IDE

Post by Markus Lau » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

sounds good Gerhard!

do you realy need pizza though?

Post by Tim Tyle » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

: please find Jacob version 0.35 at http://www.JDBMS.ORG

: Jacob is a database and IDE coded in Java(TM).
: It's a GNU GPL open source project.

Hmm, 'bit of a name clash between this and the JAva COmmando Base (for
EMACS) methinks...
--
__________

One short of a biblical reference...

1. Jacob: open source Java(TM) database and IDE

Hello,

please find Jacob version 0.3 at http://www.JDBMS.ORG

Jacob is a database and development environment coded in Java(TM).
It's a GNU GPL open source project.

New in version 0.3 is a Class Browser working off .class files. New is also a mailing list for Jacob.

Together with the free Pizza compiler Jacob now has a self-sufficient IDE to develop Java(TM) applications in general and distributed database and messaging applications in particular.
It should work on any JDK 1.1 and JDK 2.0 compatible Virtual Machine. If there are problems with specific VM's please join our mailing list and we'll solve them.

Gerhard Paulus

2. Server shutdown and dbdead

3. Open-source Database IDE

4. Blank Records

5. ANN: /dev/orbs/Voyager(tm) - Agent-Enhanced Object Request Broker for Java(tm)

6. access vs delphi

7. Help: need simple Java database for open source project

8. MFC & ODBC

9. Smyle - a highly reliable open source database written in Java

10. Best Java Database IDE?

11. FS: "The Java(tm) Class Libraries, Second Edition, Volume 1: java.io, java.lang, java.math, java.net, java.text, java.util"

12. Interesting open source projects (Java, JDBC)

13. Java O-R mapping tools, object persistence, open source projects