Getting at database objects, not DAO, in an access database through code

Getting at database objects, not DAO, in an access database through code

Post by Jorge A. Bastia » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know if I can get at the modules in an mdb file through code?
I'd like to be able to analyze and possibly make changes to the code in the
database files through code.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I'd like to be able to do this without Automating Access which is the only
solution that I can think of.

Thanx in advance
Jorge

Getting at database objects, not DAO, in an access database through code

Post by Jim Fergus » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Jorge,

Quote:

>Does anyone know if I can get at the modules in an mdb file through code?

From VB? Can't be done. They're stored in a tokenized form that the
VBA engine understands in a memo field in a system database
(MSysModules and MSysModules2)

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

1. Code page 850 database not getting restored

Hi there,

I'm trying to restore a SQL 7.0 database that was created in a version of SQL 7.0
that runs of Code Page(850)[multiligual].
My own installation was created using US English as the default, Code Page 1252.

On restoring the database I'm getting the following error:
"Database you are restoring was backed up under a different unicode locale id
(2057) or unicode comparison style(196611) than the Unicode locale id(1033) or
Unicode comparison style(196609) you are currently running"

I've tried re-installing SQL with codepage 850, as well as re-building the
existing installs master database with the newer codepage...but still no luck.

Thanks!
Pat

2. Join Query (theory fails?)

3. Getting GIF File from Access Database (DAO)

4. Compressed stored procedures

5. linking one access database to another access database through vb.net code

6. Problem on Ingres/Net

7. DAO is not updating dynaset via db-control with databases used with access jet 2 layer

8. URGENT - SQL Server Problem

9. Can't Access Database with DAO, locked by another user (but not)

10. Created Objects Not Immediatly Visable in Database Window of Access adp

11. HELP: **** DAO: Importing database tables from an ODBC source to an MS Access database

12. HELP-Import OLE Objects in Ingres II (NT) database from an MS-Access database

13. Getting a JPG/BMP into a dao database...