Error 3706 (provider not found)

Post by angoer.. » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 22:03:46

Hi everybody,

I developed an application where I open an ACCESS97 database using the
jet
3.51 (or 4.0) DB-provider.
When I install this app on a computer with no VB-development enviroment
on
it, I get Error 3706 (provider not found) everytime I try to open a
database
(*.mdb).

The Setup- (or packaging-) assistant builds a setup package with
Mdac_typ.exe in it, and when i run my setup MDAC 2.1 is installed
before my
app. I also tried MDAC2.6 but there was no difference.

Has anyone a idea what I can do to get my application running? I think
there
must be something missing in my setup-package but I just don't know
what.

Thanks Andreas

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Runtime error 3706 provider not found

This needed to quickly be solved, Provider not found. No matter which
MDAC_TYP.exe I installed. The same error 3706 still occurs... Urgent thanks

--
========================
Always wear a grin on your face :)

Mr. Jacky Luk

2. sp_trace_setfilter

3. ADO Error 3706 Provider Not Found

4. Deleting all records in a table via batch file.

5. repost HELP - ADO Error (3706) - Could not find the specified provider

6. Newbie needs help

7. ADO could not find the specified provider (Error # 3706 )

8. Data Dictionaries (Part 2)

9. Error 3706 Ado could not find the specufic provider

10. Provider cannot be found error (3706 Object error)

11. 3706 Provider not found.

12. 3706 Provider not found