J2EE help needed willing to pay $200 upfront

J2EE help needed willing to pay $200 upfront

Post by vze27.. » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:48:05

I have an application from Sun that runs on the J2EE platform. The
application runs well but the problem is that the application is written
so that I can not make modification to the original. If I restart the
J2EE server, it reloads the default pages to the application. It is an
online store. I am willing to pay upfront $200 for anyone that can fix
the application so that I can modify it in to the store I want.

Sherwin

J2EE help needed willing to pay $200 upfront

Post by Wayne Kid » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 23:23:49

If you are running the app in Tomcat, check to see if there is a file in the
webapps folder of the system called xxx.war. This file contains all of the
old stuff.  You should make your own .war file and replace the one that they
sent.  Tomcat will notice this and load yours instead.  You can find out a
lot about how Tomcat works from http://jakarta.apache.org .

> I have an application from Sun that runs on the J2EE platform. The
> application runs well but the problem is that the application is written
> so that I can not make modification to the original. If I restart the
> J2EE server, it reloads the default pages to the application. It is an
> online store. I am willing to pay upfront $200 for anyone that can fix
> the application so that I can modify it in to the store I want.

> Sherwin

1. Willing to pay for Pro*C and/or DBA help

Right now I am involved in an Internet startup.  I am stuck in the role
of DBA, but I am very new at this.  I am also writing the interface to
the database for our application using Pro*C (although I'm open to using
OCI directly if necessary).

What I need is some sort of part-time consulting help.  For example, my
major 2 problems that I can't solve right now are:

   1) My Pro*C program is supposed to run indefinitely and it maintains
      on open Oracle connection.  However, it seems that after a while
      the connection times out if it isn't being used.  Next time I
      try to execute an SQL statement, I get an error message.  I have
      added code to try and recover from this, but then it seems the
      program gets into a bad state.

   2) My Pro*C program (running on Linux) can not connect to a remote
      database.  'sqlplus' can connect using the same connect string
      from the same machine.  The Pro*C program just segfaults (no
      error is returned).

If you think you can help with either of these problems, I would be
willing to compensate you for your time.

Likewise - are there companies out there that do this sort of thing?
Like per-incident consulting for Oracle?

--

    GT Sport Parachuting Club!  http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/skydive
     Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.

2. Is there a HYPERION Expert in the House?

3. Commtools Help - willing to pay

4. SQL Sum question

5. Need a Lead Oracle Financial Manager ($200,000+ DOE)

6. "new alert..." in job properties**