Returning Oracle column types using the RDO in VB 4.0

Returning Oracle column types using the RDO in VB 4.0

Post by carl wile » Wed, 03 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm using the Remote Data Object in an in-process DLL to retrieve data
for a VB4.0 application. I need to specifically format all numeric data
when retrieved to place in a spreadsheet grid. Unfortunately, I am
unable to return back the the scale and precision of a numeric data
column from the table. The RDO type property tells me the type of data
the column is formatted for and I can return the size in bytes, but I
need to return the number of decimal places formatted for the column.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

One solution was to use a stored procedure I had written to return the
column information directly from Oracle, but I'm using result sets based
on queries in the RDO to return data, and I need to know the table name
to get the information from Oracle. Is there a way to get the table name
from a resultset based on a query???

Thanks in advace.

1. Problem using VB 4.0, RDO 1.0b, Visigenic 32bit ODBC and ORacle 7.2

We are building an application in VB 4.0 and Oracle 7.2. We are using
Visigenic 32bit ODBC (thru RDO 1.0b) to retrieve data from Oracle.
After a given number of retrieves we get this error:

NA000:[Visigenic][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve
text for error ORA-00000

Do anyone have a solution for this ?

Odd Martin Solem
Avenir AS

2. Indirect Procedure call

3. VB 4.0 and SQL Server 11.0.2 using RDO

4. Convert LONG datatype to VARCHAR2

5. VB 4.0 to SQL Anywhere using RDO

6. An easy one!!

7. rdo, getting the column name and the column type

8. SQL Union Problem Resolved

9. HELP VB connect string(rdo) using Microsoft ODBC for Oracle

10. Stored Procedure in ORACLE using VB/RDO

11. Return type mismatch when using MFC ODBC class with decimal type

12. RDO Problem --VB 4.0 Enterprise Edition