RT Error 525 - 'Data Access error'

Post by Marcus Smab » Fri, 23 May 2003 07:59:30

Hi all;

I get the above error when I install and try to run an app on a number of
new WinXP systems my client has just installed. I have tracked this down to
the point in the prog. where it first refreshes a datacontrol (the built-in
one in VB6) pointed at an access 97 database. However, elsewhere in the prog
I can access the database via DAO programmatically with no problem. This
seem to only happen on WinXP Home machines - the Pro edition does not seem
to have this issue. I have, out of desperation, install ADO 2.5, 2.6 and
Jet40SP4 and manually installed the dao350.dll and dao360.dll (and
registered them) to no avail. The only notes I can find on error 525 is that
is is an 'unhandled error'  (msdn, kb & google)

Any thoughts on this ?

TIA

Marcus

VB6 Ent. Sp5

1. VB6 Data Control + Microsoft Access (French) = Error 525 (Data Access Error)

We have a VB6 application that uses a VB.Data control bound to an Access
database.

There seems to be some conflict between the VB.Data control and the French
version of Microsoft Access.

When our application is installed on Windows 2000 Professional (French) with
Microsoft Access (French), our code produces an error (525 - Data Access
Error) everytime it attempts a Data.Refresh.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is there a known resolution?

2. Year 2000 question - Oracle 8.0.4.0.0

3. Error 525 "Data Access Error"

4. SQL: how to abbreviate table name?

5. Data Access Error 525

6. Latest Oracle 8 patch

7. Data Access error 525???

8. Strange user (session)

9. Please help: Data Access Error '525' with VB 4.0 16-bit

10. Opening a database 2 to 3 time returns Error 525

11. Error 525

12. dbimport error 525

13. data1.refresh error 525 "Data Access Error"