Masked Edit Control /AddNew Problem

Post by David Wie » Thu, 12 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I'm pulling my hair out because I can't figure out what I've done wrong to
cause my problem.

I have two masked edit controls, both with phone numbers.
With the Data Form Designer, I designed a data input form for my database.
For the two text boxes, I replaced them with two masked edit controls (since
I copied the second from the first, I made an array).

Whenever, I hit the add (addnew) button, one of the masked edit controls
keeps the phone number listing from the previous record which was showing,
but the other control doesn't.

I tried deleting them & reinstalling text boxes & everything works fine, but
when I delete the text boxes & install ME controls, the same problem
reappears. What could I have done to cause this?

David Wier
http://www.flash.net/~dwier

Masked Edit Control /AddNew Problem

Post by Yongling Din » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

It can't be set to null which happens during the insertion of new record.
Set the mask="" then set it back after the new record shows up.

Quote:> I'm pulling my hair out because I can't figure out what I've done wrong
> cause my problem.

> I have two masked edit controls, both with phone numbers.
> With the Data Form Designer, I designed a data input form for my
database.
> For the two text boxes, I replaced them with two masked edit controls
(since
> I copied the second from the first, I made an array).

> Whenever, I hit the add (addnew) button, one of the masked edit controls
> keeps the phone number listing from the previous record which was
showing,
> but the other control doesn't.

> I tried deleting them & reinstalling text boxes & everything works fine,
but
> when I delete the text boxes & install ME controls, the same problem
> reappears. What could I have done to cause this?

> David Wier
> http://www.flash.net/~dwier

1. HELP - Masked Edit Control & AddNew

I have a database program created in VB4/32.  In my AddNew procedure, I
have a Masked Edit control for my PhoneNumber and ZipCode fields.  All
my textbox controls function the way I want them to in my AddNew
procedure (appear blank) but my masked edit controls contain the data of

my first record and I want them to be clear.
How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,
Don

2. Help..."ADO Could not find the specified provider"

3. problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls

4. Info needed on JSscript & VB

5. Masked Edit Control and Remote data control problem

6. INSERT in S QL SERVER 2000

7. Problem with bound DataCombo and Masked Edit controls when changing their contents

8. prb: SQLSERVER not updated rows in UPDATE

9. Problem with Masked Edit Control 6.0

10. masked Edit Control Problem

11. Problems with the Masked Edit control in VB4.0

12. Masked Edit Control date type problem

13. Problem with Masked Edit control...