ADO & SQL-Server

Post by Bara » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I use VB6.0 & ADO to connect with SQL-Server7.
I have created a setup using VB SDW. On some of the computer the application
fails to communicate with the server.
Do I need to install additional components like MDAC or SQL-Server client?

Thanks
Barak

ADO & SQL-Server

Post by Kenneth Macpherso » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You will need MDAC on all client machines.

Kenneth

> I use VB6.0 & ADO to connect with SQL-Server7.
> I have created a setup using VB SDW. On some of the computer the
application
> fails to communicate with the server.
> Do I need to install additional components like MDAC or SQL-Server client?

> Thanks
> Barak

1. ADO & SQL Server

Hi,

I think it shows you -1. It does not mean that it is not
working. It means that provider cannot return actual
record count for current cursor settings. This is by
design. To be able to get actual record count you need to
open your recordset on client side or as dynamic recordset
on server side. If you do not want to open recordset in
those modes, then you can get record count previously
calling next kind of SQL statement

SELECT COUNT(*) as Result FROM MyTable ...

Val
Microsoft MVP

2. ANSI to OEM?

3. ADO & SQL Server datetime columns

4. RTF in db?

5. ADO & SQL SERVER RETURN VALUES

6. Nationwide-77192--ORACLE-Developer 2000-C++-Visual Basic-PowerBuilder- Senior Analyst Programmer

7. Oddity with ADO & SQL Server (Using ADBC)

8. DTS ERROR

9. Advanced: ADO & SQL Server 2000

10. ADO & SQL SERVER 2000

11. ADO & SQL Server

12. Populating a Datagrid with ADO & SQL Server

13. Scope_Identity in ADO & SQL Server 2000