How to refresh data in Crystal Reports 6.0

How to refresh data in Crystal Reports 6.0

Post by Maurice Muonek » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How do you get crystal reports 6.0 to keep from using 'old' data.  I want it
to refresh itself each time and display the new data.  I used to be able to
do that in version 4.5

Any help will be appreciated

Maurice Muoneke

How to refresh data in Crystal Reports 6.0

Post by Clif » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Maurice,

I had the same problem.  What I finally ended up doing was in code
for the Crystal Report form that contained the data I wanted to
refresh I used:

Dim Msg, Response
    Msg = "Would you like to print another county?"   'your msg
    Response = MsgBox(Msg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Another County!")
    Select Case Response
        Case vbYes
            Screen.MousePointer = vbNormal
            frmCtyLbl.CRViewer1.Refresh         'your form name here
            Cancel = 1
            Exit Sub
        Case vbNo
            Unload frmCtyLbl            'your form name here
            Set frmCtyLbl = Nothing     'your form name here
            frmMEMBER.Show              'your form name here
    End Select
End Sub

Hope it helps...
Cliff

> How do you get crystal reports 6.0 to keep from using 'old' data.  I want it
> to refresh itself each time and display the new data.  I used to be able to
> do that in version 4.5

> Any help will be appreciated

> Maurice Muoneke

ICQ - 16957341
If I had to live my life again, I'd make
the same mistakes again--ONLY SOONER!!!!
Last night I dreamt I ate a 10 pound
marshmallow, when I woke up my pillow
was gone.

1. How to refresh data on a VB 6.0 Data Report

I have a report designed with VB 6.0 Data Report. This report takes its
input from a Command in the Data Environmet that executes a Select query in
an Access 97 database. I run the report from a form in an MDI environment. I
have another form that changes the table in the Access database that feeds
the report. What happens is that whenever I add or delete a record in the
table using the latter form, the report needs to be run twice to see the
changes. In other words, 1) you run the report and see record X, 2) you
delete record X and run the report again, 3) the record is still on the
report, 4) you run the report again and now the record is gone. The same
thing happens for additions to the table. What could be happening? A piece
of the code follows.

'In what follows:
'dePayrollP is de DataEnvironment
'cmdEmployeesP is the command that feeds the report
'rscmdEmployeesP is the recordset underlying the command
'rptEmployeesP is the report.

'To see the changes, you have to go twice through the following code.

If dePayrollP.rscmdEmployees.State = adStateClosed Then
    dePayrollP.rscmdEmployees.Open
End If
dePayrollP.rscmdEmployees.Requery
Set rptEmployeesP.DataSource = dePayrollP 'I think I'm rebinding here
dePayrollP.rscmdEmployees.Close 'This statement makes no difference
rptEmployeesP.Show

---Alberto.

2. general stored proc to insert

3. Crystal Reports will not refresh data

4. Getting output values from stored procedures called from a C program

5. VB4(16) Crystal Reports not auto refreshing data

6. Way to imbed fonts into a solution?

7. GPF on Crystal Report Refresh Data

8. Neede: Resellers for Adv. Comp. Products.(only serious replies).

9. Refresh Crystal Report data before print??

10. Crystal Reports: Refreshing Data from VB?

11. How to refresh data in Crystal Report Object during runtime

12. Crystal Report Refresh Data

13. Crystal Reports won't Refresh data each opening