changing Excel version in an Excel-VB6.0-SQLServer7.0 applcation

changing Excel version in an Excel-VB6.0-SQLServer7.0 applcation

Post by Benoi » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:34:37

I had an VB 6.0 application on a NT-Server that read an
Excel 97 spread sheet created on a client machine an then
loaded this info into a SQLServer 7.0 Database on the
server using ODBC connection. Every thing worked well at
that time , until I upgraded my Excel application on the
client side to the 2002-XP version. Now my application
works but gives me some weird results, as if sometimes it
reads the data from the Excel file correctly, and other
times not. Could it be the Drivers on the server? Or the
ODBC connection? Else I don't have a clue.

1. viewing calculated members in Excel PivotT with Excel 2000 and Excel XP

Hello,

I can see the calculated member in the dimensional drop-down in Excel 2000, but
when I select only this (deselect the others) the results are empty.  (I know
that number [measures] are there and non-zero because I can see them [for the
calculated member] in Analysis Mgr).

Installed Office XP on my machine (it installs over W2000 - doesn't require
Windows XP).  Not only can I see the same calculated member but it appears
automatically and all the numbers are there.

  Any ideas?  How does one see calculated members in Excel 2000 PivotT?

  pat

2. SP_Rename columns in 2 different databases

3. Saving Excel 97 for Excel 5.0

4. END EXCEPTION W/ RESUME - odd behaviour

5. Excel Add-in and internal name of Excel Application

6. FM 5.5v1 hoses disk access under Win2K?

7. Open Excel worksheet via OLE DB and in parallel with MS Excel

8. performance (CUC) testing for OAS 4.0x

9. Pivot table in Excel 2000 vs Excel XP

10. Exporting recordset into Excel and opening Excel

11. Cognos PowerPlay for Excel and Excel XP

12. DTS Export to Excel with Detailed Excel Formatting

13. Retrieving an recordset from one excel work book to another excel work book