Replacing one field with another field

Post by Jaso » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi, me again.  Sorry to be asking yet another question but I'm pretty new to
working around ADO's imaturity...oh I mean working with the latest and
greatest VB features.

Anyway when I do this:

1. adoSomeControl.AddNew
2. adosomecontrol.recordset.fields!FieldA =
adosomeothercontrol.recordset.fields!ID

I get some off the wall error that just says..."Errors Occured".  Well, gee
thanks a bunch.  I can replace the field with a literal string value or each
set a variable to the source value and use that variable.  That works just
fine.  But if I try to do it like the above...nope sorry wait til version
3.0.

Thanks,

jason

1. Need Help: search/replace data in one field/one record, by queries or script: PDOX5

I am trying to change all the data in one field and move it on the
left.

I am giving you a practical example.

I am classifying the files on one of my hard drive.
The file is called   GUYTEST.ZIP
What I am trying to do is to remove that dot between GUYTEST and
ZIp and to rewrite it like this GUYTEST ZIP.

Look simple but this is not easy.

I have looked at IMPORTING/EXPORTING and I have spent hours.

or indicate where I can find some on line documentation

Any help appreciated

Thanks

2. shape problem

3. insert data from one field in one table to another field in another table

4. convert web form to MS word document and save to database

5. Replace the value of one fields in a Table

6. How to run a query( stored proc) in a background mode?

7. Replace part of Date field by another Date Field

8. Question for Discoverer 3.0 Users

9. Separating one field into multiple fields

10. PDOX4.5--Comparing fields between records (except ONE field)

11. Combining releated fields into one field...

12. Spliting one field into many fields

13. One Access MDB field to multi SQL fields