Driver not Capable <rdo error>

Post by Mark S Fras » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I'm writing a series of data-migration applications that transfer dBase

data to an MS SQL server. I'm currently on my fifth app and I'm suddenly

getting a "driver not capable" error message when I try to set a

resultset with the line:

Set CPSDatabaseRs = CPSDatabaseQy1.OpenResultset(rdOpenForwardOnly,

rdConcurReadOnly)

before the I set the SQL rdoparameter with:

With CPSDatabaseQy1

        .Name = "ContactRS1"

        .SQL = "Select * from COMMITTEE_MEMBER where ID_NUMBER = ?,

POSITION_NAME = ?, COMMITTE_NAME = ?, START_DATE = ?"

        .RowsetSize = 1

        Set .ActiveConnection = CPSDatabaseCn

     End With

When I set the individual parameters I originally got a type mismatch

error (which I've never gotten before) so I Type cast the parameters to

match the data. This is probably a precursor to the current problem. I

think I need to add an object library from Referrences but I can't

figure out which one I need. I added MS DAO 3.5 to access the dBase

files. Any suggestions?

remove junk from the reply to address to reply by email
--
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
                                -Groucho Marx

1. <<<RDBMS/UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

TCN Needs SEVERAL Software Engineers until the end of the year plus
probable extensions

Responsibilities: Our Client is rebuilding their entire automated test
environment for their RDBMS software product.  You will be developing
test software for the QA Dept.  You will be looking at statements
regarding specific functions of the database and coding automated test
scripts that will be used be the Quality Assurance Department for
testing.  THIS IS A CHALLENGING, HIGHLY VISIBLE PROJECT!!!!

Required: SYBASE (1 Year Minimum), SQL, C, SHELL SCRIPT OR PERL, UNIX,
Excellent English Language skills, knowledge of testing methodologies.

Desired: SunOS, SOLARIS, TCL, TET, RDBMS, Test Script Development, DBA
Experience

Location: Bay Area, California (near Oakland/Berkeley)

Start date is JULY 10th  and THE CLIENT IS INTERVIEWING NOW!!!! WE HAVE
INTERVIEW DATES OF JUNE 29th and on

We will work with Independent Incorporated Contractors OR W2's

Please respond immediately to:
Ilene Blender
TCN
1020 Marsh Road, Suite 110
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(415) 324-3222 x-251
(415) 324-2922 fax

**Please note there are NO ENTRY LEVEL OPENINGS!  You must have at
least a minimum of 5 years of paid computer industry experience!

**If this person has extensive test script development, they would
waive the SYBASE requirement as Oracle, Informix, Ingres would be O.K.

2. "Restore operation terminating abnormally"

3. dumb question?

4. Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists.

5. >>>>>---- BETA TESTERS WANTED -------<<<<<<<

6. BLOB and WINWORD...

7. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

8. >>>>>>Cheap but handy DESIGN-tool for relational db's<<<<<<

9. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

10. <<<<<<ON SALE FOR OCP ORACLE DBA test(1ZO-013) material >>>>>>

11. >>>>>> Attention CTO Candidates <<<<<<