Displaying Access DB( OLE Object Type) in 16bit

Displaying Access DB( OLE Object Type) in 16bit

Post by kevin Furn » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi.
I am at present building a app using a access 1.0 DB and it has a OLE
Object field which has Bmp's that I need to display in a form. does
anyone know how this is done. I receive "Bitmap image not valid " when
using a DBImage. I did not build the Access DB and I have to use it.
Also I not a access user so am flying blind. So if someone could tell
me a bit about OLE Object fields
Where are the bitmaps stored I cannot find them ( I think they are
embedded) ?
Can I change the data type in Accress so that Delphi can read them?
Is there a component that convert them or what?

Once more any help with this would be of enormous help.

Regards
Kevin Furner
Always something new to do!!

1. Accessing OLE Objects from Access DB

Hello,

I created an Access Database (v2.0) which has a table with two
fields/columns which are OLE objects.  One is to hold an image such as
a .jpg file; the other is to hold a Quick Time Movie.

In Access, I created a form and am able to "Insert Object" a picture
or movie into these fields with no problem.

Now I'm trying to create my own form using Visual Basic (v3.0).  I
added a data control to the form.  I have been able to associate
text fields to columns/fields in my Access database table by setting
the DataSource and DataField properties to the name of the data control
and the table's column/field.  But if I add a field which is an OLE 2.0
object, there is no DataSource or DataField property.

Given that there is no DataSource or DataField property for an OLE 2.0
object, how do I get the object to display the proper image or movie
from my Access database?  Also, how do I insert an image or movie
into the Access database from VB?

Thanks for your help,
Dave Weber

2. To bind data or not to bind data, that is the question...?

3. Access Ole object data type

4. OLE DB Provider list

5. VB30: Accessing OLE-field in ACCESS-DB via OLE-VBX

6. Help! System DSN settings for MS-Access database accessed via ASP

7. Extract OLE Object in Access DB?

8. Transactional Replication Error Message

9. Access DB OLE Objects

10. Export Access DB with Ole Object to SQL Server

11. DAO: Setting OLE Object Field Value in Access DB

12. Export Access DB with Ole Object to SQL Server

13. Insert an OLE-object into an Access DB