VB3 (yes, VB3!) database question

Post by Flacc » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 15:55:33

I'm doing some maintenance programming on a VB3 app and have run into the
following problem:

A table is held open by a data control on a form.  If I then open the
database in code and try to update the table, I'm unable to.  I find that
the recset.Updateable property is False.

The data control is not set up to open the table exclusively, and I'm not
trying to open the DB in code exclusively...

Any idea what the problem might be?

1. VB3 (yes, VB3!) database question

I'm doing some maintenance programming on a VB3 app and have run into the
following problem:

A table is held open by a data control on a form.  If I then open the
database in code and try to update the table, I'm unable to.  I find that
the recset.Updateable property is False.

The data control is not set up to open the table exclusively, and I'm not
trying to open the DB in code exclusively...

Any idea what the problem might be?

2. VA-Need Oracle Financials Developer--Migration

3. VB3 to VB4 vs. VB3 to VB5

4. Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with a Trusted connection (Active Directory)

5. VB3 prorgam and database distribution question

6. ADODC Oracle; All numbers zero (0)

7. question reg. MS-Access database access using VB3

8. VB3 created database - apostrophe causes corrupt database?

9. VB3.0 programming/logic question

10. Question: VB3/Access2 on a network?

11. Rookie questions re: VB3

12. VB3.0 to VB4.0 conversion question