Simulating toolbar button click through menu item?

Simulating toolbar button click through menu item?

Post by Pete » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have a Select Case statement in a toolbar buttonclick
event that I would like to be accessed when clicking
on its counterpart created with the menu editor.  I
can call the toolbar_click event from the menu_click
event, but I don't know how to pass the value that is
needed by toolbar_click event -- (ByVal xxx As Button).
Can this be done or must I resort to copying the
statements from the Select Case statement directly
into the menu_click event?

Post by Jon Arne Heg » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I have a Select Case statement in a toolbar buttonclick
> event that I would like to be accessed when clicking
> on its counterpart created with the menu editor.  I
> can call the toolbar_click event from the menu_click
> event, but I don't know how to pass the value that is
> needed by toolbar_click event -- (ByVal xxx As Button).
> Can this be done or must I resort to copying the
> statements from the Select Case statement directly
> into the menu_click event?

You could :

menubar_click(..)

dim mybutton  as button
mybutton.key="Keyvalue"  'as defined in the KEY field in the toolbar

call toolbar_click(mybutton)

If you use select case on button.key in the toolbar_click.

(from the top of my head....)
Jon Arne
--
|tlf:22 23 67 57 - *Jon Arne Hegge* - mob: 90 78 52 48|

--===> Wherever you are, there you are <===--