Help for VB to Access 2.0 compatibility layer.

Help for VB to Access 2.0 compatibility layer.

Post by Sunil Gup » Tue, 30 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi there,
I am unable to get around this compatibility layer between VB & Access 2.0. I know we need some dlls. Can some one help me with ftp sites.
Thanks.
Sunil.

Help for VB to Access 2.0 compatibility layer.

Post by Joao Ser » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi there,
>I am unable to get around this compatibility layer between VB & Access 2.0. I

know we need some dlls. Can some one help me with ftp sites.

You can find it at microsoft
 - Internet (anonymous FTP)
         ftp ftp.microsoft.com
         Change to the \softlib\mslfiles directory
         Get COMLYR.EXE
Hope this helps
Joao

1. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

After I have installed the ms/Jet engine compatibility layer for the
visual basic 3.0 is not more successful to access data with the ODBC driver
interface .

I can still see my data base like access 2.0.
But when I try to access it like an ODBC data base
the sample program supplied by microsoft in
the c:\ vb\samples\ visdata returns a reserved error.

My data base is very simple.
It consists just in a table named as table1
where a text field is defined like unique key.

2. Delphi 2.01's BDE and OSR2

3. Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

4. Postgres95 - Please help

5. Where can I get the VB 3.0/Access 2.0 compatibility layer

6. Replication problem

7. Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0

8. Limitation on "in" clause of where statement

9. Can't Install 2.0 compatibility layer without Access 2.0

10. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

11. I need the Access 2.0 to implement the Compatibility Layer

12. VB Distributional appl using Access 2.0 comp layer

13. Microsoft Jet 2.0/Visual Basic 3.0 Compatibility Layer