Please jump start me

Post by Dick Balte » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have programming and database experience but I'm new to VB and want to
learn it. I produced a few forms and that was quite straightforward. I'm
having trouble understanding how use a browse to connect to a database. Need
to learn this. What I'm looking for is a basic but good program to study for
learning purpose. Can any of you experts direct me to the right place?
Purchased a few VB books and see there are a few different database drivers
and way to do this.  I have Access---can I use it to produce the database
code and browse screens?

Dick

Please jump start me

Post by Jim in Clevelan » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> I have programming and database experience but I'm new to VB and want to
> learn it. I produced a few forms and that was quite straightforward. I'm
> having trouble understanding how use a browse to connect to a database. Need
> to learn this. What I'm looking for is a basic but good program to study for
> learning purpose. Can any of you experts direct me to the right place?
> Purchased a few VB books and see there are a few different database drivers
> and way to do this.  I have Access---can I use it to produce the database
> code and browse screens?

  Please see Peter Wright's "Beginning VB6" and/or Connell's "Beginning
VB6 Database Programming" - both from Wrox Press.  Complete projects
thoroughly explained, downloadable source code.  Worth the money, I
think.
  In my opinion, all you wanna do with Access is let it be receptacle
for your tables & queries.  I write all code & forms in VB.  I may do
some query development in Access if I want to work out SQL for a complex
one.
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

Please jump start me

Post by Gray » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Take a look at....
http://www.veryComputer.com/~svph9623/VBDBHowTo.htm