Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number

Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number

Post by IntelliRoster 2000 Tea » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

Hi,

I have an application built using VB 6.0 SP3 and MS Access 97.

Some customers have complained on receiving Run-time error '52': Bad file
name or number
They can install the application and get past the welcome screen, but on
clicking the Open dialog or New dialog they get the above error. Then the
app. just crashes.

We have tried to reproduce the error, but to no effect.
Any ideas or help much appreciated.

Tim Mills

Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number

Post by Wayne Wenger » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

Is it possible there is some file that is required but was not distributed as
part of the install? Can you put some code at that point to try to find out
what file is being sought?

Perhaps if you post the code at the approximate point of failure someone can
help.

Wayne

> Hi,

> I have an application built using VB 6.0 SP3 and MS Access 97.

> Some customers have complained on receiving Run-time error '52': Bad file
> name or number
> They can install the application and get past the welcome screen, but on
> clicking the Open dialog or New dialog they get the above error. Then the
> app. just crashes.

> We have tried to reproduce the error, but to no effect.
> Any ideas or help much appreciated.

> Tim Mills

Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number

Post by John W. Rug » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What version of the MDAC are you installing on the clients?
Version 2.1 does not include components required by Access 97 Database
access.

John.

Quote:> Hi,

> I have an application built using VB 6.0 SP3 and MS Access 97.

> Some customers have complained on receiving Run-time error '52': Bad file
> name or number
> They can install the application and get past the welcome screen, but on
> clicking the Open dialog or New dialog they get the above error. Then the
> app. just crashes.

> We have tried to reproduce the error, but to no effect.
> Any ideas or help much appreciated.

> Tim Mills

1. parcels.pas(52): Undeclared identifier: 'Package'

Hi

I have made a database table called 'package.db' using the database desktop,
then added datasource, table, and dbgrid components to a form and set the
appropriate properties regarding datasources etc. I then double clicked on
the table component and added a calculated field. I then add add the
following code within the oncalcfields action:
procedure TForm1.Table1CalcFields(DataSet: TDataSet);
var
packagesize:double;
begin
packagesize:=Package.fieldbyname('Size') ;
end;

When i run the code it gives me [Error] parcels.pas(52): Undeclared
identifier: 'Package'

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help
Pete

2. RecordCount !!!!!

3. run-time error '3170': Couldn't fin installable ISAM

4. SQL Cursor problem

5. Run-time error '440': Automation Error

6. syslanguages

7. Run-Time Error '2950' - Reserved Error

8. run time error

9. run-time error '713': Application-defined or object-defined error

10. Run Time Error '3000', reserved error [-1106]

11. Run Time Error '3704'

12. Run time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)'