Read SQL SERVER DB?

Post by Lasse Edsvi » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:55:00

Hello

I was wondering if there is a way to read a sql server database just
like an access database? I need to get it to work from a cdrom on a
computer without a sql server installed.  is it possible to do?

/Lasse

Read SQL SERVER DB?

Post by Tore » Sun, 04 Feb 2001 05:38:21

Look into MSDE.

HTH,
Tore.

Quote:> Hello

> I was wondering if there is a way to read a sql server database just
> like an access database? I need to get it to work from a cdrom on a
> computer without a sql server installed.  is it possible to do?

> /Lasse

1. IVR system that can read SQL Server db...

I'm looking for a simple 2 to 4 line IVR type of system that is easy to
program and can read and insert data into SQL Server based on touch tone
input.... I also want it to be able to do the Text to Speech so that the
person can here confirmation of the data they are putting in...

I'm looking for simplicity, but enough flexibility that I can program it to
do so branching (if then else) type of logic.  I don't necessary want a
turnkey box if software that drives a dialogic board is easy to use, but I'm
not against a little simple box solution.

Prefer it to run on Winn NT or NT2000 or NTXP

-Mark Hripko

please email me your thoughts...

2. HDR tcp header question

3. Why update SQL in procedure did not commit?

4. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

5. Informix 4GL Books

6. Support WebCast: Microsoft SQL Server 2000: Reading Execution Plans in SQL Server 2000

7. ODBC <--> ORACLE strange characters appear in database

8. Reading Access 2.0 db on network w/read-only access

9. ASP, ADO, Access DB = err 80040E09 'Can't update DB. Read Only

10. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][OLE/DB provider returned message: Timeout expired]

11. Reading the keywords in the MS Index Server (on SQL Server 7.0)

12. Administer a SQL Server 6.5 DB from SQL Server 7 Enterprise Manager