Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

Post by Kerry S. Nas » Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for information on developing databases using Delphi 2.0. If you have any suggestions

Kerry S. Nash

Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

Post by Peter Arrenbrech » Fri, 05 Jul 1996 04:00:00

One option to consider is Jet 3.0 (the database engine in Access 7.0).
This engine offers both good SQL support and table/index-style access. But
it's not a client/server engine, so don't use it for many users (5 or so
are ok).

If you consider using Jet, take a look at Opus DirectAccess, which
replaces the BDE with a faster interface to Jet. For information, refer

        http://www.opus.ch/ODA

Peo
Opus Software GmbH

Quote:> I am looking for information on developing databases using Delphi 2.0.

If you have any suggestions

> Kerry S. Nash

1. beginner database html -newbie looking for where to look

thanks for taking the time to check out this message, and TIA for any
help offered.  I'm relatively new to web development and I use WYSiWIG
junk mostly.  I've a fair understanding of HTML, Visual Basic, and
C++, and almost no database...and I'm not by any means a pro in any of
them.  I have my first real life job, and I need to create a page with
a contest sign up page so users can be entered into any database
platform (even a flat file, whatever that is)- does anybody have an
idea on where to start accomplish this task?  I can write the VB
script to validate the input and I can make the pages pretty, I just
need to know how to get things going with the communication.  I've got
my choice of any database or just flat file or a text file, and I've
got a month and a potential long term job with this company at stake.
Thanks in advance for any help.

2. FOXUSER.Dbf

3. fpw 2.6 -- variable problems

4. SQL standard

5. Newbie Looking for Info...

6. difference between phantom and non-repeatable read

7. Looking for Newbie info

8. D2 Newbie Q: Filtering a Database

9. database newbie looking for the right database

10. Seeking info on Databases /DB Development tools for UNIX

11. Info on Java/Database development