32-bit Delphi 2.0 Programs *DO* work under 3.1

32-bit Delphi 2.0 Programs *DO* work under 3.1

Post by Bryan Wa » Sat, 09 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have successfully compiled several programs with Delphi 2.0 and
gotten them to work under Windows 3.1.  All you need is the latest
Win32S from Microsoft.  The latest version is 1.3c and it includes all
the Win95 specific controls.

One Problem : I can't get the BDE32 installed into Windows 3.1
If someone could overcome this, it would be easy to get Delphi 2.0
apps to work in 16 bit Windows........

Please email me if you have any ideas or suggestions!

Bryan Wall

1. Upgrading from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 / 32-Bit ODBC

Oracle Users:

I have a question that I hope someone can help me answer.  Thanks in
advance for your help.

I just upgraded a client PC running Windows for Workgroups to Windows 95.
Prior to the upgrade, the client PC was configured as follows:

        ODBC 16-Bit drivers for MS & Oracle7
        SQLNet 2.1.4.1.4c
        TCPIP 2.1.4.1.3c

I was able to connect just fine.  After the upgrade to Win95, I downloaded
from Oracle's web site v. 1.13.5.0.4 Win95 ODBC drivers and installed.  I
cannot connect using the 32-Bit drivers.  I am getting the following error:

        SQLSTATE S1000
        Native Error Code - 3121
        ORA-03121 No Driver Interface

The 16-Bit drivers still work, but I am unable to use them from any 32-bit
apps like Excel 7.0.  Do I need to upgrade SQLNet?  Are there any other
upgrade/installation steps that I missed?

Thanks again for your help.

Jeffrey Gora

(201) 847-5624

2. Help with program flow please.

3. Can I use delphi 2.0 compile a program to 16bits version for Windows 3.1

4. Learn Delphi 2 DB Prog. Companion Diskette

5. Delphi 2.0 (32 bit) Losing data

6. Oracle Numeric and DTS

7. Delphi 2.0 (32 bit) & Inet on Win95

8. FREE JustData application to serious testers

9. 32-bit programming using BC++ 4.5, BDE and/or Delphi

10. Opening 16 bit Access 2.0 tables from 32 bit VB code

11. Ingres II 2.0 on Solaris 2.7 - 32 bit mode or 64 bit mode

12. Delphi 32 - How much 32 bit?