Reset WindowParentHandle to rpt will print to printer?

Reset WindowParentHandle to rpt will print to printer?

Post by Julie Wats » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have set the windowparenthandle to a child window in my application
so that my Crystal Report prints to the window - exactly what I want.
I would like to reset that using code so that I have the option to
print directly to the default printer instead of the window.

This is what I do:

fMainForm.rpt.WindowParentHandle = frmReports.hwnd

I've tried setting it = to null and "" to reset it and neither works.
I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Julie

Post by Joe » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I have set the windowparenthandle to a child window in my application
> so that my Crystal Report prints to the window - exactly what I want.
> I would like to reset that using code so that I have the option to
> print directly to the default printer instead of the window.

> This is what I do:

> fMainForm.rpt.WindowParentHandle = frmReports.hwnd

> I've tried setting it = to null and "" to reset it and neither works.
> I'd appreciate any help.

> Thanks,

> Julie

All the things u need to do is just place:
        rptYourReport.Destination = 1   (may be 2, I forgot)

before the line
        rptYourReport.Action = 1

--
  ________     _____      _______
 /        \\  /     \\   /       \\
    |  ||    |  / \  ||  |  ||___
  _ |  ||    |  | |  ||  |   ____>>
 / ||  ||    |  \_/  ||  |  ||___
 |  U  ||    |       ||  |       \\
  \____//     \_____//   \_______//

bbcdefghiihgfedcbb
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/1010/

1. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

I'm trying to run some routines under FPW2.6 that are structured like this:

SET DEVICE TO SCREEN
SET PRINTER TO
RETURN

..and I keep getting blank pieces of paper (not always, but often).  I'm
printing (from a 486 with gobs of RAM) to an HP4 on a Novell network (possibly
the source of my woes).  I've tried increasing the network timeout and every
other convolution I can think of doing to the printer setup in Windows.  I
have no trouble printing reports, or printing with LIST TO PRINT, or printing
from other applications, Windows or DOS.  I tried running my .exe on a nearby
PC that prints to the same printer and encountered the same problems.
Any suggestions?

Toby Koosman
Knoxville, Tennessee  USA

http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~tkoosman/

2. Any Suggestions on SYNONYM

3. Progress Printing to TTY printer vs System Printer

4. Converting the scale of money with values already in table

5. Using the Print Screen Key to print to printer or to file

6. V

7. Printing Rpt. records of varying length

8. How to connect to SQL sever protected with firewall from a local server.

9. How2 print table w/o pre-defined rpt?

10. Printing in RPT file (VB4)

11. VB6/Crystal Rpt 7 OCX Won't Print on SOME NT4 Machines

12. How to print From/To Dates in Crystal Rpt Page Heading

13. Can't Print Crystal Rpt w/OCX on some NT Systems