Can u help me?I've a simple doubt in accessing data from VC++

Can u help me?I've a simple doubt in accessing data from VC++

Post by Geet » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:24:04

Hi All,
I'm Geetha ,doing my M.Tech in REC Trichy,India.
I'm just a beginner to use ODBC.I'm sorry
to consume your time for this small doubt,still I posted this
as I'm in hurry to complete it.

I'm using VC++ as front end and SQL server as back end.
I want
1)to execute select queries involving 'group by' and some other
complex queries and
to retrieve result set.
2)to execute data manipulation commands too.

for 2,I use CDatabase class in  a windows console application.
for 1,I use Ado Data control in dialog based  MFC AppWizard file(by
adding a adodc control in the form).

Both are working correctly,but I want them both working in single
application,
which type of project I can use?

I tried to declare a variable of type 'CAdodc' in windows console
application
file(after adding microsoft's ado data control-version 6 to
project),it's not
working,an exception(debug assertion failed) is being thrown.
(In MFC Appwizard file too,I can use the ADO Data control by adding it
to the
form,I am not able to declare one by my own.)

I declared the member variable as
CAdodc m_ado;

Can you please help me?

Thanks and Regards,
Geetha

1. Can u help me?I've a simple doubt in accessing data from VC++

[...]

2. JDBC Drivers .....

3. help:use recordset's dynamic properties in vc++

4. ADO Insert Question

5. WinVFP3: Help, I've list my toolbars and can't find them

6. SQLServer string manipulation in query...

7. HELP I've lost a database! HELP

8. Access -> Sybase via ODBC & MS TCP/IP 32

9. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

10. Help - I've xcoded a file and lost the source

11. I've been stupid - can you help?

12. We've had it!!! I need help

13. Help - I've hit the maximum number of extents in Informix 5