I installed ADO 2.5 on my computer, when I recompiled my code (VB6) I got an
binary compatibility issue with adodb.recordset.
Is there any MS or other guides for changing between ADO 2.1 and 2.5 or has
any one got some suggestions.
I wish that the bright minds at Microsoft would put some energy in into finding a way to provide straightforward backward
compatibility for ADO versions so developers don't have to work around the issue.
In the meantime, see MS KB articles :
Q259379 HOWTO: Develop with ADO Version 2.5 and Install on ADO Version 2.0
Q195049 HOWTO: Maintain Binary Compatibility in Components Exposing ADO
Q216389 INFO: Maintaining Binary Compatibility in Components with ADOR
Happiness is understanding how things work!
It is futile to know the correct answer to the wrong question!
1. ADO 2.5 and ADO 2.1 compatibility
As I knoe ADO 2.1 and 2.5 have different DLL files. So
they resided in different physical libraries. I think it
should not be a problem for old applications
2. Listener (8.0.5) dies on TNSPING80
3. ADO compatibility with 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5?
5. VC++ ADO access breaks from 2.1 to 2.5?!?
7. Upgrading from ADO 2.1 to ADO 2.5
8. ADO 2.1 works, ADO 2.5 no good
9. Any problems Upgrading ADO 2.1 to ADO 2.5?
10. Support regarding ADO 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 with SQL 2000 SP1
11. ADO 2.0, 2.1, 2.5 support with SQL 2000 SP1
12. ADO 2.1 and 2.5 on same PC