Programmer looking for work

Post by Darre » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hi all. i am an old time programmer and i am locking for work in visual
basic, visual FoxPro  or c++ whether it is Borland, MS or generic. i am
experienced an many areas including database (ODBC,ADO,DAO). COMMS,network
and general systems etc. I am willing to work part time, contracted, full
time, temporary or permanent. i don't drive at the moment so travelling is
limited although not impossible

thank you

Programmer looking for work

Post by Steve H » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

on off the first things i loook for when im hiring is a bassic comand of the
english languag.

Post by OpenCZu » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> hi all. i am an old time programmer and i am locking for work in
visual
> basic, visual FoxPro  or c++ whether it is Borland, MS or generic. i
am
> experienced an many areas including database (ODBC,ADO,DAO).
COMMS,network
> and general systems etc. I am willing to work part time, contracted,
full
> time, temporary or permanent. i don't drive at the moment so
travelling is
> limited although not impossible

> thank you

check out http://www.computerjobs.com

openczun

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Programmer looking for work

Post by Pete » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Advertising is allowed on...

comp.lang.basic.visual
No

comp.lang.basic.visual.3rdparty
No

comp.lang.basic.visual.database
No

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
No

comp.lang.visual.basic
No

microsoft.public.fox.vfp
No

microsoft.public.fox.vfp.3rdparty
No

microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc
No

================================
Bad idea, it's not what these newsgroups are for.

  Peter

Programmer looking for work

Quote:> on off the first things i loook for when im hiring is a bassic comand of the

#1:  Hygiene.

--

Programmer looking for work

Post by Gary Labowit » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

In addition to which: if he can't type any better than that, I wouldn't want
him coding in MY shop.
--
Gary, MCT, MCP, MCSD
home site http://www.enter.net/~garyl

> on off the first things i loook for when im hiring is a bassic comand of
the
> english languag.

> > hi all. i am an old time programmer and i am locking for work in visual
> > basic, visual FoxPro  or c++ whether it is Borland, MS or generic. i am
> > experienced an many areas including database (ODBC,ADO,DAO).
COMMS,network
> > and general systems etc. I am willing to work part time, contracted,
full
> > time, temporary or permanent. i don't drive at the moment so travelling
is
> > limited although not impossible

> > thank you

Programmer looking for work

Post by Rick Rothstei » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

The comp.lang servers have well into the tens of thousand of individual
newsgroups in them -- it looks like you missed a few of them <g>

Rick

Post by Ray » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> hi all. i am an old time programmer and i am locking for work in visual
> basic, visual FoxPro  or c++ whether it is Borland, MS or generic. i am
> experienced an many areas including database (ODBC,ADO,DAO). COMMS,network
> and general systems etc. I am willing to work part time, contracted, full
> time, temporary or permanent. i don't drive at the moment so travelling is
> limited although not impossible

> thank you

Programmer looking for work

Post by Fred - Armon » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Goal !

--
Fred - Armoni (France) - FE AVP&Cie
Dpartement Fran?ais, La Rochelle

Programmer looking for work

Post by Darre » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

well I never stated that one of my languages was English

> In addition to which: if he can't type any better than that, I wouldn't
want
> him coding in MY shop.
> --
> Gary, MCT, MCP, MCSD
> home site http://www.enter.net/~garyl

> > on off the first things i loook for when im hiring is a bassic comand of
> the
> > english languag.

> > > hi all. i am an old time programmer and i am locking for work in
visual
> > > basic, visual FoxPro  or c++ whether it is Borland, MS or generic. i
am
> > > experienced an many areas including database (ODBC,ADO,DAO).
> COMMS,network
> > > and general systems etc. I am willing to work part time, contracted,
> full
> > > time, temporary or permanent. i don't drive at the moment so
travelling
> is
> > > limited although not impossible

> > > thank you

Programmer looking for work

Post by Darre » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am a programmer not an English professor and from your spelling I would
say that you are in no position to preach

> on off the first things i loook for when im hiring is a bassic comand of
the
> english languag.

> > hi all. i am an old time programmer and i am locking for work in visual
> > basic, visual FoxPro  or c++ whether it is Borland, MS or generic. i am
> > experienced an many areas including database (ODBC,ADO,DAO).
COMMS,network
> > and general systems etc. I am willing to work part time, contracted,
full
> > time, temporary or permanent. i don't drive at the moment so travelling
is
> > limited although not impossible

> > thank you

Programmer looking for work

Post by John Rel » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I am a programmer not an English professor and from your spelling I would
> say that you are in no position to preach

Yes, yes! Slam him some more. We are all behind you.

-John.

Programmer looking for work

Post by Steve H » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Duh!  Have you never heard of irony?  I notice your standard of English has
improved significantly since your first post.  It couldn't be that you were
too lazy to check your spelling, capitalisation etc. when you were
soliciting for work?  No, nobody would be so stupid as to create such a poor
impression when trying to get a job.

> I am a programmer not an English professor and from your spelling I would
> say that you are in no position to preach

> > on off the first things i loook for when im hiring is a bassic comand of
> the
> > english languag.

> > > hi all. i am an old time programmer and i am locking for work in
visual
> > > basic, visual FoxPro  or c++ whether it is Borland, MS or generic. i
am
> > > experienced an many areas including database (ODBC,ADO,DAO).
> COMMS,network
> > > and general systems etc. I am willing to work part time, contracted,
> full
> > > time, temporary or permanent. i don't drive at the moment so
travelling
> is
> > > limited although not impossible

> > > thank you

Programmer looking for work

Post by Darre » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

my spell checker automatically runs when i send my mail. It never picked
up any bad points in my original post. My quality if spelling is not
relevant to my competence as a programmer. i have been programming for a
long time and my English has never got in the way of my work or my ability
to get a job.
Ok so I didn't know the rules as I am new to these newsgroups as I said, I
was looking for work as a programmer, not an English professor. so get over
it and get a life instead of trying to intimidate people who make a minor
mistake.

Quote:> Duh!  Have you never heard of irony?

yes. Have you heard of hypocrisy
 I notice your standard of English
has
Quote:> improved significantly since your first post.

As has your spelling
  It couldn't be that you
were
Quote:> too lazy to check your spelling, capitalisation etc. when you were
> soliciting for work?

you didn't when slating me that first time
  No, nobody would be so stupid as to create such a
poor

Quote:> impression when trying to get a job.

stupid an ironic use of the word from one so narrow minded.

> > I am a programmer not an English professor and from your spelling I
would
> > say that you are in no position to preach

> > > on off the first things i loook for when im hiring is a bassic comand
of
> > the
> > > english languag.

> visual
> am
> > COMMS,network
> > full
> travelling
> > is

Quote:> > > > thank you

1. MV/VB analyst/programmer looking for work.

Hi All,

I have 6 years experience in programming VB5/6, interfacing with jBASE
(using OBjEX) and D3 and MSAccess.  I am the original author of the mv4GL
and jBiTE GUI products.  Resident in Birmingham, UK but willing to move
*anywhere*.  Available immediately.

forward my resume/CV.

Thanks,

Matthew Charrington

---

2. SQL Substring Function Problem

3. colorado programmer looking for work

4. Informix 7.24 UC1

5. Beginning Progress programmer looking for work

6. Ingres with proxy

7. Experienced Universe programmer looking for work.

8. VB combobox and Table in Access...

9. Universe Programmer looking for work

10. Experienced Multivalue programmer looking for work

11. Experienced Pick programmer looking for work.

12. Any Ingres Programmers looking for work?

13. uniVerse/Unidata Programmer looking 4 work