Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Post by Ruth Buckne » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 16:13:03

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Delphi, but have done a fair amount of work in single-tier
Paradox applications.

The application I'm working on at present uses Paradox 8 through the BDE.  I
have to create databases at runtime, containing tables which I would like to
have linked with referential integrity.  I've had no problems creating
tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
Database Desktop.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Post by M.H. Avegaar » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:20:50

The Borland Database Engine Online Reference (BDE32.HLP) contains
information on creating referential intergity (see topic 'Creating tables').
The helpfile contains some Delphi examples, but most of the definitions are
in C++, so you'll have to translate to Object Pascal...

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm fairly new to Delphi, but have done a fair amount of work in
single-tier
> Paradox applications.

> The application I'm working on at present uses Paradox 8 through the BDE.
> have to create databases at runtime, containing tables which I would like
> have linked with referential integrity.  I've had no problems creating
> tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
> nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
> Database Desktop.

> I'd be grateful for any help.

Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Post by Wim Smi » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:50:07

Quote:>tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
>nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
>Database Desktop.

Used to have some code for that...lemmeno
CU
WS

Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Post by Ruth Buckne » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:14:17

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

> The Borland Database Engine Online Reference (BDE32.HLP) contains
> information on creating referential intergity (see topic 'Creating
tables').
> The helpfile contains some Delphi examples, but most of the definitions
are
> in C++, so you'll have to translate to Object Pascal...

> > Hi,

> > I'm fairly new to Delphi, but have done a fair amount of work in
> single-tier
> > Paradox applications.

> > The application I'm working on at present uses Paradox 8 through the
BDE.
> > have to create databases at runtime, containing tables which I would
like
> > have linked with referential integrity.  I've had no problems creating
> > tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
> > nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through
the
> > Database Desktop.

> > I'd be grateful for any help.

Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Post by Ruth Buckne » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:15:29

If you can find the code you mention easily, I would be interested to see
it.

Thanks.

Quote:> >tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
> >nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
> >Database Desktop.
> Used to have some code for that...lemmeno
> CU
> WS

1. Newbie: Help on Referential Integrity via FK when creating a table

My generic SQL book says I can specify a 'ON DELETE' condition in the
FOREIGN KEY section of CREATE TABLE statement.  This condition can be set to
'SET NULL', 'CASCADE', or 'NO ACTION' depending on how you want to handle
deletion of refering primary keys to your foreign keys.  Anyway, I'm
wondering how you accomplish this kind of referential integrity using
Transact SQL and MSSQL.

Thanks in advance
Mike Harsch

2. Frames and PowerDynamo's dynascript variables in web pages?

3. How to create referential integrity in Paradox 5.0 Tables

4. SQL 2K Bombs when installing Master MDB

5. Progrmatically creating table with password protection/referential integrity?

6. Links Related To comp.databases.progress - FREE ACCESS 0226

7. Creating tables with referential integrity

8. DTS Problem

9. P4W - Create table and Referential Integrity

10. Problem with appending one table to two tables - referential integrity - help please

11. Create Procedure without referential integrity check

12. SQL Create on Paradox: referential integrity?

13. Create referential integrity at runtime