How to put a Form parameter in Adodc Control Record Source property

How to put a Form parameter in Adodc Control Record Source property

Post by Bruno Paquett » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

There is something I don't quite understand well I think..
I am using the Adodc control to access a recordset in read only mode.

I want to set the recordsource property of my control with a sql string that
contains a where clause that refers to a field in one of my form but it
won't work.

The same Sql string will work in my form load event when I set the
recordsource of my adodc control with .recordsource = "select..."

I don't know why, but if I left the recordsource property blank in my
control (because I want to set it in my Form Load event) I receive an error
message saying that the recordsource property is empty.

Ok.. sorry for those of you who understand nothing of what i'm trying to say
because of my very good english....... but here's some questions I have..

- Why I have to set the recordsource property of the adodc control in the
control itself and not where I want to set it ?
- What is the syntax of the Sql string in the recordsource property of the
adodc control because the same sql string will work on 1 side (with code)
and not in the other side (directly in the control).

Thanks for everything..

Bruno Paquette