Class not registered and ADODB

Post by dtuchlin.. » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Why running an ASP that uses an ADODB connection
to read records from a database to populate a
list box.

When attempting to open the connection to the
ADODB object I get the error message:

Provider error '80040154'

Class not registered

/test/test.asp, line 5

The file test.asp reads as follows

<%
myDSN="DSN=TestSQL"

set conntemp=server.createobject
("adodb.connection")
conntemp.open myDSN
%>

This code worked a few days ago, and the only
thing I can think of is that Crystal Info 7 was
installed and updated the Database drivers.

What files will I need to register to get this
working again.

Please email me with the answer.  Thanks in
advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

[...]

1. ADODB.Connection error (Class not registered)

I use the following code to open an .mdb database:

  Set MyConn = New ADODB.Connection
  MyConn .Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=<path>/mydb.mdb"

I have a Win2K user who is getting the following error at the Open
statement:

  Number: -2147221164
  Source: Provider

The user has installed both MDAC 2.6 and Jet 4.0 SP3, as well as Win2K SP2.
I've been to the Microsoft Knowledge Base and found a seemingly relevant
article which indicates that Jet 4.0 SP4 should be installed...HOWEVER, the
download page for the latest Jet 4.0 (which is actually SP5) says that if
you've installed Win2K SP2, you needn't install Jet 4.0 SP5.  So, I've got
no resolution to try.

I've also tried the following equivalent (for my needs, anyway) Open
statement on the same machine:

  MyConn .Open "driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};dbq=<path>/mydb.mdb"

Which produces the following error:

  Number: -2147467259
  Source: Provider

I've dug through the registry a bit to try and resolve, for example, the
Provider string "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0", and all the appropriate registry
entries are there to point at msjetoledb40.dll...and that dll is, itself,
properly registered.

It would seem that the problem isn't with the particular Provider or driver
registry entries or dll set, but rather with the mechanism that automates
the resolution of the provider/driver to use.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for how to diagnose and/or solve this
problem?

2. pg_hba.conf crypt problem ODBC

3. SQLOLE ole object could not be registered , class not registered (80040154)

4. Construction software

5. DTS Class Not Registered/Win95/MSSQL7

6. Error 3624 and chain linkage mismatch errors

7. VB6 Data View: Class Not Registered: 2147221164

8. Delphi 2 Developer & Sybase SQL AnyWhere

9. dts class not registered

10. Class not registered when using RDA.Push

11. ADOX - Class not registered

12. 80040154 Class not registered

13. Class not registered