Adodc1 error

Post by Todd Coope » Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have just copied some source code form a project develped on another
machine and it runs OK except when a form with 3 Adodc controls on it. When
opened it displays the error msg "%1 could not be found" 3 times.

When the program and the form is displayed it brings up the error msgs and
the form is displayed with no data. This programme has worked before so I
assume the control is not installed properly but Adodc control is in my
toolbox so I thought it was registered correctly.

thanks in advance,
TC.

Adodc1 error

Post by Bill Sussk » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I'm having the same problem.

I have an application that runs fine on the machine on which I developed
it.  But, creating a "standard" package with the VB6 deployment wizard,
copying same to a CD, and installing on another machine gives *exactly*
the same error messages you report, one for each of the ADO controls
in the application.

I suspect there's something that needs to be either copied to or
configured on the second machine related to adodc or the Access/Jet 4.0
database it's using.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

--Bill Sussky

Adodc1 error

Post by Bill Sussk » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I'm making progress with my problem, but I'm still not there.

At design time, the Connection String properties of the ADO controls
*explicitly* reference the UDL datalink file, *including the full
drive/path*.  This seems to work fine on the originating machine but not
on others where the App_Path is different.  Also, if I try to modify one
of those connection strings at design time, I get the same error "%1 can
not be found" as when running the installed application on another
machine.

So... does anyone know how to reference the UDL datalink file using
App_Path, or in some other generic way, so the application can be
deployed in a directory/folder *other than* one identical to the one in
which the app was developed?

Again, thanks in advance for any help.

--Bill Sussky

1. ADODC1 error or warning...

Hi,

The adodc control give what I want but I get a warning like:

[ADODC]: noRecordSource specified. [ADO]:Command text was not set for the
command object.

??? Well, how to remove this message?
... the RecordSource is set anyway...

Bye!

2. Accessing ADSI using LDAP

3. How do I Supress ADODC1 error?

4. SQLBase info

5. error when set adodc1.recordset = nothing

6. 32-bit Sybase Open Client DLL's on Windows 3.1?

7. Adodc1.Recordset.Update Error

8. WinXP - ADO - VB and SQL Error

9. ADODC1 and path

10. adodc1 control

11. ADODC1.Recordset.Update problem HELP

12. Newbie Question about Adodc1 and text fields