Cancel edit record

Post by Morten Br » Tue, 05 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hi
How do I avoid update to a edit field when I have initialized data
with:

SQL = "SELECT * FROM  ........."
      Data1.RecordSource = SQL
      Data1.Refresh
      Data1.Recordset.Edit

The user changes data in the edit field which is bound to the data
control. How do I "roll back" to the previous contens of the record
when the user decides to Cancel the changes ??

Regards Morten
==============================
Morten Brun, system programmer

Phone: +45 44 42 74 25
===============================

Cancel edit record

Post by Darren Brocklehur » Thu, 07 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>Hi
>How do I avoid update to a edit field when I have initialized data
>with:
>SQL = "SELECT * FROM  ........."
>      Data1.RecordSource = SQL
>      Data1.Refresh
>      Data1.Recordset.Edit
>The user changes data in the edit field which is bound to the data
>control. How do I "roll back" to the previous contens of the record
>when the user decides to Cancel the changes ??

Check out the UpdateControls property of the Data1 control.  It sounds
like exactly what you need.

Darren.

These things are fun and fun is good."  Dr. Seuss |  Standard disclaimers apply

1. Cancel editing changes for a set of records

The only way to do that is to write any changes to a temporary table, then
when committed, write to permanent table.

No. Paradox tables does NOT support transaction processing.

Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)             | Paradox for Windows Programmer

URL> http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang | X-COM Guru among other things...

2. Opening 1.0 Form Under 4.5

3. D1-Oracle-Tquery-Dbgrid edit gives 'couldnt perform edit cos another user changed record

4. using ODBC32.DLL in delphi.

5. Add Password / Cancel Edit

6. New York - Oracle DBA

7. VB5, Canceling after issuing of recordset.edit

8. Scripting.Dictionary causes error when running package outside of designer

9. Edit/Post/Cancel with explicit transaction control?

10. Cancel Edits (was Quick Survey)

11. Saving an edited record as a new record

12. Canceling: insert records in detail table ?

13. Design Question - cancel multiple records add