How to lock a table of Interbase to avoid that others modify it

How to lock a table of Interbase to avoid that others modify it

Post by Allen Sh » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

  Can someone tell me how to lock a table of Interbase to avoid
that others modify it while someone is editing this table

  Because of some special reasons, I have to append a record
and post it immediately. But, at the same time, I don't want
anybody to insert any records into this table at this time.
Does Delphi+Interbase provide this kind of native mechanism to do it?

Thanks!

Allen Shau

1. Modifying InterBase Table

Anyone know how to modify Interbase Tables without losing Data? When you add
columns or change column sizes Interbase deletes all data. I have been
copying the data to a temp table, modifying the table and then moving the
data back to the original table.

Is there some utility that can simplify this task?

Thanks

2. Latest version of informix::DBD for perl 5_004+

3. modify InterBase tables

4. Generated r-code has exceeded 63K bytes. (1303)

5. How to avoid Lock Table ?

6. distributed data base issue

7. avoid table lock

8. Oracle DBA MD/DC/VA

9. How to modify a table automaticlly after another table modified

10. SQL Server: avoiding shared _table_ locks

11. How to avoid annoying company wide table locking?

12. modifying trigger deletes others

13. Sybase vs. others (DBRaima, Interbase, etc)