JDBC-Driver (java.sql) with Java-Applets

JDBC-Driver (java.sql) with Java-Applets

Post by 15077 » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:22:44

Imagine the following situation: A mysql-Database and a
web-server are together on one machine. The web-server provides a
html-Page wich points to a Java-Applet. This Java-Applet gives
the user access to the database.

I checked the applet locally on one machine (webserver,
JDBC-Driver, Applet, all on one machine) and it works well.

But when I want to use the applet from any machine connected to
the internet the Java-Console tells me, that the Applet is not
able to find the JDBC-Driver. (of course not)

How can I manage this situation. Packing the applet together with
the JDBC-Driver in a jar-File, or are there better solutions?

JDBC-Driver (java.sql) with Java-Applets

Post by S├ębastien Liber » Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:04:54

Hi !

You gave the response yourself.

:-)

Sbastien.

Quote:> Imagine the following situation: A mysql-Database and a