1. Crystal Reports Professional 7- Memo fields will not appear on report
I hope someone out there has the answer to this one, I've exhausted
all possibilities, checked newsgroups, and Seagate's web site, and
have not been able to find a working solution. My apologies if this appears
as a duplicate post, my newsgroups software is behaving very strangely.
I'm using Crystal Reports Professional, Version 7. I'm attempting to
create a group of reports usable by my VB6 application, which
currently stores it's data in an Access 97 database. The application
creates a set of legal forms based on the data in the database, so
using memo fields is the only possible way to store the necessary
I'm using the Active Data Driver, and have created a data definition
file (.ttx file) which matches the table definition used in the
database for this report. In the VB application, I'm using ADO to
retrieve the data into a recordset, then passing the recordset to the
Crystal report engine object. Everything works fine except for the
memo fields, which appear blank on the printed (and previewed) form.
Based on information obtained from this (and other) newsgroups, I've
tried the following:
1). Verified that there were no nulls in any field of the database
record being printed.
2.) Checked Seagate's knowledge base on this subject. It suggested
making sure that the data definition table, and the matching database
table were both set up for the "Memo" field type: they are.
3.) I've set the report options, unchecking "Translate DOS Strings"
and "Translate DOS memos". I've also selected the "Can Grow" option of
the problem field, using both "0" for unlimited lines, then 20, just
to be sure that that setting made no difference. These settings did
not alleviate the problem.
4.) The memo field in question is created by a function in my VB
application, and I performed an update to the database table with this
function to verify that the data was being created. It does indeed
exist in the database after the routine has been run.
5.) I've tested the report using a very short data string within the
memo field(less than 80 characters), and the field remains blank.
If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Desperation
is setting in and I'm considering going to night school to become a
fast food worker. Thanks in advance.
2. ODBC on NT4
3. Oracle 8.05 on Solaris 2.6 Install not recognising whole drive
4. InstallShield Express, Novell network
5. CRYSTAL REPORT, run time query report by date
6. OCIStmtExecute hangs when connection is lost
7. ap native not recognising memory
8. Time entry/validation
9. Crystal Reports bug - report off new query
10. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports
11. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8
12. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports
13. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)