Saving multiple TClientDatasets to one file?

Saving multiple TClientDatasets to one file?

Post by Ma » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I've just started looking at TClientDataset in D4, and have the
beginnings of an app with two of these tables, one MasterSource'd off
the other.

My question - when the user selects File|Save, and gives the
application a filename, how do I save _both_ of these tables (or for
that matter, five or six tables) to the one file?

Should I investigate OLE Structure Storage and save the datasets into
a stream?

Can someone give me a hint?

TIA,
Mab

Saving multiple TClientDatasets to one file?

Post by Robert Cern » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Use BatchMove component with batCopy mode for first result set and batAppend
mode for others, if they have the same structure, otherwise I see no good
reason to have them in one file.

OLE storage? Well, you'll have to write an OLE server that will be able to
handle this storage.
--
----------------------
Regards

>I've just started looking at TClientDataset in D4, and have the
>beginnings of an app with two of these tables, one MasterSource'd off
>the other.

>My question - when the user selects File|Save, and gives the
>application a filename, how do I save _both_ of these tables (or for
>that matter, five or six tables) to the one file?

>Should I investigate OLE Structure Storage and save the datasets into
>a stream?

>Can someone give me a hint?

>TIA,
>Mab

1. Saving multiple client datasets to one file?

I've just started looking at TClientDataset in D4, and have the
beginnings of an app with two of these tables, one MasterSource'd off
the other.

My question - when the user selects File|Save, and gives the
application a filename, how do I save _both_ of these tables (or for
that matter, five or six tables) to the one file?

Should I investigate OLE Structure Storage and save the datasets into
a stream?

Can someone give me a hint?

TIA,
Mab

2. Access 2.0 help

3. Saving multiple dts packages from one sql server to another

4. Rollback Segment Error

5. Multiple files to one file

6. Micosoft grid->DBgrid code

7. Weekly Saving of multiple files

8. Multiple Queries in one IDC file?!?

9. Restore from multiple files into one

10. Multiple Record Layouts in One File

11. How to transpose multiple fields into one filed?

12. Create multiple cubes in one CUB file