Data Report can't execute normally after source code compiled

Data Report can't execute normally after source code compiled

Post by Chau Yun Pa » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:14:46

I have write a vb program which has a data report and data
environment.
I used the data environment to pass the data to the data report.
When in the design mode. I have opne the data report form normally.
But after I complie the source code and move the executed program to
another pc which doesn't intalled visual basic. the data report can't
open and the program exit. I alread copy the the following files to
the system system folder and the common files folder, please help.
the files I copy:
COMCT332.OCX
MSADODC.OCX
MSBIND.DLL
MSCHRT20.OCX
Mscomct2.ocx
Mscomctl.ocx
MSDATREP.OCX
msdatsrc.tlb
MSDBRPTR.DLL
MSDERUN.DLL
MSHFLXGD.OCX
MSSTDFMT.DLL
msvbvm60.dll

Data Report can't execute normally after source code compiled

Post by Rob » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 17:07:16

I'm not sure that simply copying the files is enough. They, along with the
program,  have to be properly installed on the other machine, say, by using
the VB setup wizard (and remembering to include the data report tool as one
of the dependencies).

Quote:> I have write a vb program which has a data report and data
> environment.
> I used the data environment to pass the data to the data report.
> When in the design mode. I have opne the data report form normally.
> But after I complie the source code and move the executed program to
> another pc which doesn't intalled visual basic. the data report can't
> open and the program exit. I alread copy the the following files to
> the system system folder and the common files folder, please help.
> the files I copy:
> COMCT332.OCX
> MSADODC.OCX
> MSBIND.DLL
> MSCHRT20.OCX
> Mscomct2.ocx
> Mscomctl.ocx
> MSDATREP.OCX
> msdatsrc.tlb
> MSDBRPTR.DLL
> MSDERUN.DLL
> MSHFLXGD.OCX
> MSSTDFMT.DLL
> msvbvm60.dll

1. changing a data report image control's source in code

I would like to set the image source for an image in a data report at
runtime with code something like:

DataReport1.Sections("section1").Controls("image1").Picture =
LoadPicture(strPicture_file)

This, however, produces an error.  I can use similar code to set the font
for a text box on the report.

Is the image source for  RptImage on a data report restricted to being set
at design-time only? Or do I have incorrect code?

2. how to use bcp import data file with "uniqueidentifie" field

3. Help:ODBC Data Source Admin doesn't show Names of new Data Sources

4. LOSS OF DATA

5. Source code for VB's Data Form Wizard

6. ADV: "It takes 14 hours to fix that table! You do it in NINE MINUTES?!"

7. How to compile postgres source code in VC++

8. SQL Named Localhost, bad results.

9. Please Help : Compiling The Java Source Code

10. Cannot get sample XP source code to compile?

11. Errors while 'compiling' SQL code

12. compiling source code

13. How to compile postgres source code in VC++