visBas, WinFax Pro & DDE

Post by EZET » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Greetings,

I seem to have almost exhausted all of my resources looking for the answer
to this problem. I am hoping that you can help me.

The program I am writing calls for a report to be created from a base of
data files. Each page of the report lists the transactions for a client
and needs to be faxed to that client. I am using VisBas 4.0 16 or 32 to
write the program and using DDE conversation to Delrina WinFax Pro, 4.0 in
order to queue and send the pages to each client.

Question and problem

Question: Do I need to create a seperate file containing each page of the
report in order to submit that report to WinFax as a file to FAX or can I
somehow submit the report to the FAX (as if it were the printer) as it is
being created.

Problem: I seem to be able to queue a list of FAXes in WinFax but I can
not seem to activate WinFax to actually send the faxes when I am done
creating the report.

Below is a sample of the DDE portion of my code thus far. I would
certainly appreciate any suggestions or sample code or points in the
direction of an answer.

This is a simple test program with a command button to start to send the
FAX and a text box to contain info to be sent and to provide the link. I
use a second textbox to display the status. I could send the actual
program

 Private Sub Command1_click()
    Dim Z
    Dim S0 As String
    Text1 = ""
    STATUS = ""
    If Text1.LinkMode = 0 Then
        S0 = FindWindow(0&, "Delrina WinFax PRO")
        If S0 = "0" Then
            Z = Shell("D:\WNWF\FAXMNG.EXE", 4)
            DoEvents
        End If
        Text1.LinkTopic = "FAXMNG|TRANSMIT"
        Text1.LinkMode = 2
        Text1.LinkItem = "Sendfax"
        On Error GoTo com_000
        Text1.Text = "recipient(""9700718"",  """","""",""E. James
Zettlemoyer"",""First Test"")"
        Text1.LinkPoke
        Text1.Text = "fillcoverpage (""This is a test of the FAX"")"
        Text1.LinkPoke
        Printer.Print "hello there Jim"
        Text1.LinkExecute "GoActive"
        On Error GoTo 0
        Text1.LinkMode = 0
        stat1 = "successful command"
        Exit Sub
com_000:
        On Error GoTo 0
        Text1.LinkMode = 0
        stat1 = "No Success"
        Exit Sub
    End If
    Text1.LinkMode = 0
End Sub

Thank you for help
Jim Z.

1. DDE between FoxPro 2.5 & WinFax Pro

Hello:

Has anyone out there tried establishing a DDE session between FoxPro 2.5
and Delrina WinFax Pro in order to fax a document from within a FoxPro
application?  Specifically, I have a database (much like the CLIENTS.DBF that
comes with Fox) and a push button with the label "Fax".  Pushing this button
will start up WinFax Pro, "poke" the fax # and the recipient name into
WinFax (this much works...) and send "LETTER.DOC" to the recipient.  What
I can't figure out is how to specify a file to send without using the
File/Print menu.  Is it even possible??  Any example code or ideas would
be *greatly* appreciated.  Thanks in advance...

--
----------
Dan O'Brien   CSC    Duluth, MN

2. NY-New York-98632--Visual Basic-Windows NT-MS SQL Server-Management-Financial Ap

3. Using DDE to negotiate with Winfax Pro.

4. WHERE Clause Parameter

5. HELP: FPW2.5b - WinFax Pro 4.0 - and DDE

6. help: DB2 SQLConnect error

7. Paradox7-WinFax Pro V7 DDE

8. DC-DC-103831--ORACLE-Help Desk Support-PC-Jr Analyst/Technical Support, CEXEC

9. VB4.0 & WINFAX DDE LINKS

10. PW5 & DDE with WinFax Pro8

11. DBase III & VisBas 5 Pro FindFirst Trouble

12. DDE With Filemaker Pro & Symantec Winfax Pro on Win95

13. FM Pro, OE5, Outlook, WinFax Pro