I find a method to a strange problem.

Post by YD » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>I use TQuery by SQL ...
>'select * from myTable'
>and assign a DBGride to a datasource link to this Tquery.

>There is a FloatField
>When I edit this example .. (11.9) ,the value changes to 12 after post.
>The more strangeness is ,if I type 9.9 then the value changes to 1 after
post.

>But, if I use TTable instead of the TQuery,EveryThing is Correct.
>And if I use other Database,The result is right too.
>Only use Tquery and Oracle the problem happens.

>Does Anyone meet the same problem? Please help me :) Thanks.

>                                                E-mail

I do know the reason of the problem but I find a method to solve this problem.

The method is use oracle's function 'TO_CHAR and TO_NUMBER'

in Tquery use

        select TO_CHAR(floatField) as KK from myTable;

in TUpdateSQL use

        update myTable
        set
           floatField = TO_NUMBER(:KK)

Hope this method is helpness for somepeople ^_^
                                                        Bye....

1. ADO find method compare with DAO findfirst method...

I am used to use DAO findfirst method, which, if the criteria does not
match, will return a nomatch message..
However, I found ADO find method can't do that, it seem simply give an
runtime error to me when it doesn't find anything based on the
criteria...what should I do?

2. Paradox passwording on the fly

3. Problem with Find method

4. UserName and LoginName probs with SQL2K

5. Find method problem

6. MS Access 97 and Security and ADO

7. Problem with Find Method

8. Help, pls!!! How to do if the database is larger than the tape's size?!

9. Find method problem in OO4O

10. Problem with find method

11. problems finding methods,properties to print a RTB with headers selected from an access db

12. Find method problem

13. Apostrophe problem in Find method